New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    I own a 99 Civic VTI AT, when I bought this car (used car na to actually), it has a HID headlight, but the ballast was busted, so instead of buying a new ballast I went back to the conventional type, (and I've heard that mahal ang maintenance ng HID, and the discomfort it may cause sa mga kasalubong mo), so they replace the wiring etc, now the problem is medyo malabo ang ilaw nya, specially sa high beam, parang sabog ang ilaw nya, mas maganda pa nga sa low beam kesa pag ng high beam ka. so mahirap mgdrive sa gabi, Im not quite sure what's the specs of the bulb coz' my uncle was the one who have it replace sa isang electrical shop, mukhang palpak din pala. hehe. So what should I do? Do I have to replace the bulbs again? Ano po ba maganda gamitin na brand and how much it would cost me again?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    if binalik mo sa OEMs or orig headlights, check mo muna if clear pa plastic lens mo and if correct ang alignment ng bulbs... pwede mo palinis yun buong headlights mo, may gumagawa nun dito like nun NORTHCUSTOMS etc...(find their Ads sa ibang thread)

as for brands... you can try Philips extreme power (P1400/pair) or osram nightbreaker (P400 each) if di ka pa din satisfied sa current bulbs mo... both are like stock wattage 55/60 so no need to replace again your sockets or wirings.

although there are bulbs that are designed more effectively for low beams and then suffers pag high beams... check the link provided...

http://www.civicforums.com/forums/19...-h4-bulbs.html

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    ah okay, i think i'll try to have me lamp clean and align first, then after that if no improvement I might buy a new bulb. Thanks!!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    tama ipalinis mo muna, kasi masasayang lang pera mo sa bagong bulbs kung madumi ang lens mo. kapapalinis ko lang ng headlight housing and even with stock bulbs and liwanag na agad. pero pinalitan ko pa rin ng osram nightbreaker.. ayos na ayos hehe

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    sell the HID bulb. mahal din yan. spend the cash on cleaning headlights, a relay and wiring kit, then a Philips Xtreme or Osram Night Breaker.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    The TS complaints a "sabog" beam output on conventional halogen bulb.

IMO the problem is in the bulb alignment (not headlight alignment).

check first if the bulb is correctly installed. naikot ng mabuti hanggang umabot sa lock. and dapat level yung bulb bulb sa loob.

H4 bulb yan so may tendency pag tabingi ang bulb tabingi din or sabog ang beam output nyan.

may experience with tahat on an H4 pag high beam walang ilaw sa git more on sides.

so cheack mo yung socket or pinaglalagyan ng bulbs kung straight siya and dapat hindi umiikot. (nag lock sa headlight)

Head Light Question