New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Good day! my hid is working fine till i transfered it to my other car the driver side lights is permanently in high beam and at the other side is normal so when i drive, cars at the other side of the lane gets angry of my lights hope anyone can help thanks a lot!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Need more info. What cars did you transfer the HID's from/into? Are they aftermarket HID kits? Are you still using the reflectors for halogen bulbs? Did you mess up the wiring? A lot of info is missing...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    its installed in my accord but didnt use the high beam because its a separate hole, then transfered it to my pajero, they are aftermarket hid's, is the reflectors the one in the middle of the headlight? its still installed. i didnt installed it i have my electrician do it. thanks!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by scarlot21 View Post
    Good day! my hid is working fine till i transfered it to my other car the driver side lights is permanently in high beam and at the other side is normal so when i drive, cars at the other side of the lane gets angry of my lights hope anyone can help thanks a lot!
    what HID are you using? bixenon? you're basically using a stock headlamps meaning you're using H4 bulb. right?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by scarlot21 View Post
    its installed in my accord but didnt use the high beam because its a separate hole, then transfered it to my pajero, they are aftermarket hid's, is the reflectors the one in the middle of the headlight? its still installed. i didnt installed it i have my electrician do it. thanks!

Installing aftermarket HID's in reflectorized headlamps will cause scattering of light not the distinct beam pattern of HID's. Read the HID FAQ section.

Have your electrician redo it. Obviously something is not right.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    There are 2 types of HID kits in the market for bulb using both hi/low beam like the 9003/H4.
    The first one uses HID for Low and High for halogen. You might want to check the wiring on the lamp that is always in hi beam.

The second one use Bi-Xenon which has a movable scoop on the bulb which changes position depending on whether it is used for hi or Low beam. Maybe the scoop is stuck on the hi position.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    thanks guys! im using h4, i dont know what type of hid it is, il just redo it with the electrician, hassle lang kasi it took so long to install then problems appear.

H.I.D lights problem! Help!