New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    My Gen1 CRV(1999) headlights is not that bright, what is the stock bulb in it now? is there a way to make it brighter aside from replacing it with HID bulbs? Any replies will do..thanks in advance...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I think, not sure, its a 55w/60w bulb. Since its old, it might have lost some of its brightness. Think of it as wear and tear. You can change it to same wattage or buy higher wattage bulbs. If you buy higher wattage, you may need to install relays.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Osram All Weather bulbs lang katapat nyan, i use those on my gen1 crv before

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    I think, not sure, its a 55w/60w bulb. Since its old, it might have lost some of its brightness. Think of it as wear and tear. You can change it to same wattage or buy higher wattage bulbs. If you buy higher wattage, you may need to install relays.
    thanks sir userfriendly for the info...

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    Osram All Weather bulbs lang katapat nyan, i use those on my gen1 crv before
    Thank you sir BlueBimmer, i will try that..wag sana kayo magsawa....newbie on a CRV...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I'm not sure if it's available there but Sylvania Silverstar's are popular in the U.S.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    How much is the Osram All weather bulb kaya? does anybody else tried this kind of bulb? any specific store that i can go to na medyo mura ang benta?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    bro nasa 400-500 petot ang osram all season bulbs (each)..

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    bro nasa 400-500 petot ang osram all season bulbs (each)..
    Thanks again sir, been very helpful, ill try to find one...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by upboy View Post
    Thanks again sir, been very helpful, ill try to find one...
    Same issue here. I find that my lights are weak now that it's raining. I thought my philips bulbs were fading and got the osram all-weather... ganon pa rin!

I did notice mas malayo nga ang bato but in terms of seeing potholes and stuff parang mahina pa rin. I dont know if the osram silverstar is any different.

All-weather kasi 30% more light daw and silverstar 50% more... just dont know about the color. Buti I kept my philips magagamit ko pa sa civic, kasi wala naman palang problema. I got the stock wattage lang din, but there is an 80/85w version no relays needed daw or was it no need to change to ceramic plugs??.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Gen1 CRV headlights