New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Nagpakabit ako ng Taiwan foglamps sa Banawe for my Altis. The problem is, the bulbs doesn't last (standard H3 12V 55W). Sinubukan ko na diff brands like Narva and Kosser (Germany) pero ganun pa rin. Dalawang palit na ako both sides. Lifespan for about 30-40 days. Ano kaya problema? Filament is intact but when i replace it with new bulbs it works.

kaya sa susunod wag kayo bibili nung taiwan/clone copy na bulbs! buy branded kahit mahal--sulit naman (sasawa ka nalang di parin siya pundido)

i have a philips crystal vision: galing pa sa maxima ko 10 years ago--still ginagamit ko parin sa liteace ko..

nga pala, just like in my liteace: may light sensor yan: kung ordinary type lang talagang i-reread nya as busted yun--yung corner lamps ng liteace ko di gumagana because of those taiwan bulbs--and mahal ang japan-raybrig/IPF na white bulbs...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    Nagpakabit ako ng Taiwan foglamps sa Banawe for my Altis. The problem is, the bulbs doesn't last (standard H3 12V 55W). Sinubukan ko na diff brands like Narva and Kosser (Germany) pero ganun pa rin. Dalawang palit na ako both sides. Lifespan for about 30-40 days. Ano kaya problema? Filament is intact but when i replace it with new bulbs it works.
    Are you using a relay? if not use one.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Yes merong relay. Do you think sa bulb mismo ang problema? Di kaya sa wiring and/or electrical? Although the "busted" bulb's filament is intact, yung parang short wire nung bulbs parang umitim sa isang dulo pero light lang.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    One of the reasons pointed out to me was that the bulb gets too hot. So ideally use your fog lamps only when needed.

If you are running on a rain, the water splash will cool down the glass and so with the temperature of the "insides" of the lamp assembly. Thereby, hindi gaano ito iinit ng husto.

On regular driving, don't use it, the headlight should be enough.

Ung dmax ko, at least once a year ito bago mabust.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    so hard to diagnose this one... if this keeps on happening even with a change of brand of bulbs, then it should be your wiring/electricals.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Double ulit
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; October 23rd, 2007 at 11:11 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Malamang may ground yan somewhere along the line.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    na double! sorry
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; October 23rd, 2007 at 11:09 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Silly but important questions.
    Do you hold the bulb with your bare fingers?
    Did you try to connect the bulb directly to the battery after it got busted?
    Saan naka tap ng power yung lamps. How is the switching? May kasama ba siya naka tap sa supply.
    Sufficient ba grounding?
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; October 23rd, 2007 at 11:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Foglamp bulb dies after a month