New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    aside from CASA since it's too expensive.

bro you can get DLAA units from Concorde or sa Banawe but frankly speaking, these fog lamps are really useless in real world driving

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    hi gary,

would changing headlamps improve my visibility. i have smoked 3M tints in my windshield. would a plug and play H4 bulb or HID help?

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    DLAA is pretty good. wag lang malakas ang ulan at magkaka moisture sa loob. pero if it's turned on, mawawala din naman.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by desertfox615 View Post
    hi gary,

would changing headlamps improve my visibility. i have smoked 3M tints in my windshield. would a plug and play H4 bulb or HID help?
    Definitely changing your headlamps would improve visibility. But not JUST by swapping HIDS from Halogen. Doing that can cause ANNOYING and BLINDING glare to oncoming motorists. And usually, plug-n-play HIDS just can do so much. To maximize the output of HIDs, I'd say go through GARY's RETROFIT. Check his works under " Lights & Lamps " Talk section. Impressive works. Sharp cut-offs = no glare. Worth the buck, if I may say.

Foglights don't help so much. Yes, functional but it's more of an aesthetic thing.

desertfox: bro I am not responding to your query just to sell my services. I mean if you go that route, it's fine with mehehe but I really would like to provide actual info on upgrading your lighting setup. Definitely dont go for plugnplay HID. Not worth it in my opinion coz you will glare other motorist and the output is so-so. I also woudnt suggest the fog upgrade like the DLAA. 3k din kasi yun tapos improvement sa lighting mo, dun sa area that would really help you see further down the road, is minimal. Get first a good halogen bulb if i were you then no tint kung pwede or light-medium tint lang. The best output you can get is of course from a projector na HID. save up for it na lang

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by garyq View Post
    desertfox: bro I am not responding to your query just to sell my services. I mean if you go that route, it's fine with mehehe but I really would like to provide actual info on upgrading your lighting setup. Definitely dont go for plugnplay HID. Not worth it in my opinion coz you will glare other motorist and the output is so-so. I also woudnt suggest the fog upgrade like the DLAA. 3k din kasi yun tapos improvement sa lighting mo, dun sa area that would really help you see further down the road, is minimal. Get first a good halogen bulb if i were you then no tint kung pwede or light-medium tint lang. The best output you can get is of course from a projector na HID. save up for it na lang

Gary, thanks a lot bro. would really wanna save up for the HID upgrade. Kaso, I might sell my car and buy a new one in two years. Might as well buy Philips XP na lang. They say that hi-wattage bulbs then to damage the plastic headlights.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    So sir, kung hindi po efficient ang DLAA, ano po ang advise niyo na fog lamp for our innova? Mine is 2011 model. How much po aabutin? Thanks.

desertfox: pwede naman ilipat yung setup. dont go for hi wattage bulbs, yung last na innova i opened had burnt marks already sa chrome surface after one year.

acid: I mean dont get me wrong, some people ok na sa kanila yung DLAA at 3k++ but for me not good value for the money. I'd rather get a good halogen bulb.

Fog lamp suggestion for 2009 Innova