New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ano po un mga pros and cons ng hid on non clear lens?tulad ng sa tropper ko.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I don't want to be your pain in the ass but it is definitely sabog.

both clear and non-clear headlights btw. try looking if there is a projector type replacement for troopers. clear lens cannot.

or a Projector Foglamp. it might hurt your wallet, but it is worth it because you are free from angry motorist. you can even look at banawe for cheap surplus Projectors.

I cannot forget months ago, I was walking the street and this trooper with a HID, glaring us pedestrians like the sun is in front of us, considering we are on the sidewalk. worst for motorist up front.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    kubix Welcome po to Tsikot.com!

Read on this thread: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...HID+lights+faq

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ay! dami pala dapat pagkagastusan muna!hehehe.it will cost me more money.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    mga sirs my alam ba kayo kung saan puwede ng pagawa ng custom na projectors?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    magastos nga noh?

welcome pala. in fairness. yung latest rides kahit walang projector with good cut-off has glare but not as blinding as other older rides.

but your Trooper and our Pajero Gen 2.5 glares too much.

no idea where to have it customized, I am also interested. have you tried inquiring Atoy? wala ba talagang projectors for troopers? may nakita kasi akong Projector for subic land cruisers. baka myroon din sa troopers.

if you don't want to spend much, you can DIY but too risky. it is what my bro and I did to our van. put a hole in the bumper and added surplus projector foglamps worth 2T a pair, and 2 cheap speakerbox breather for the caps.

in our Pajero, I would rather leave it to the professionals and probably replace the headlights with projectors rather than adding projector foglamps.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    gusto ko sana mg DIY kaso ako ng mag risk sa Headlights ko eh! nope i havent inquire to atoy, maybe sooner kapag meron ng panggastos.. as of now wala pa bang problem yung foglamps? btw nice job ah!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    no problems so far on the lamps. it could have been better though, I saw a fog hole fitting for hilux (rather than cheap speaker breathers) but it was too big.

a tsikoteer here has installed his ride with a simple projector foglamp. no digging holes, just attach it and go.

I hear there is another way to remove glare. there is this carbon fiber vinyl sheets. all you have to do is cover the headlight, put a design hole in it and you are ready to go. though don't take my word for it.

fiber vinyl like this:

design hole better than this:

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    no problems so far on the lamps. it could have been better though, I saw a fog hole fitting for hilux (rather than cheap speaker breathers) but it was too big.

a tsikoteer here has installed his ride with a simple projector foglamp. no digging holes, just attach it and go.

I hear there is another way to remove glare. there is this carbon fiber vinyl sheets. all you have to do is cover the headlight, put a design hole in it and you are ready to go. though don't take my word for it.

fiber vinyl like this:

design hole better than this:
    i have the same problem too sabog sobra .. here a pic of my trooper with sabog HID

lowbeam to:

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    salamat po sa pic s_quilicot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
feedback on Hid on non clear lens headlights