New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just venting a bit.

With the advent of clear lens lamps, almost all newer-model vehicles now use an amber-coated single-bulb for their turn signals.

So I go out to buy a pair (for my dad's SLK). It's a holiday (no Banawe).

Surprisingly, Blade, ACE, Concorde, DIY don't carry this common part. Well, Concorde does, but who in his right mind would pay Php300.00 for a signal lamp bulb?

All they sell is the blue version. Which I don't really find attractive (especially on a European car).

Medyo napagod lang siguro ako shuttling around the different malls and outlets looking for such a seemingly common part.

How I wish they alloted even 1/2 of the space they allot for blue bulbs, for good 'ol (and 100% legal) amber bulbs...

Or maybe I'm too old to get the point of replacing amber bulbs with blue bulbs.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    balutan na lang ng orange cellophane yung ordinary bulb ... two or three layers if necessary ... hindi naman matutunaw yun kasi signal light lang naman ... just secure it with scotch tape

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    i agree with you sir.. i totally dont get or see the point of blue bulbs..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    i agree with you sir.. i totally dont get or see the point of blue bulbs..
    It's not whether they look good or not... it's that they're illegal. Everywhere. Even here, in the Philippines. International law dictates amber turn signals... well... except in the US, where they allow red. But that's it.

It should be illegal to sell blue turn signals and brake lights for automotive use... but then, you'd have to ban all blue lights, including Christmas lights... to make this stick.

-

Doc, just go to a real automotive store... not to those crappy Concorde or Blade places... the prices will be cheaper, too.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep. My first pick was GlennSter's store along Kamias. But they're fresh out of single contacts.

Was going to the Ortigas area anyway so nagbakasakali lang.

Oh man, those blue bulbs are all over! hehehe.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    i know what you mean. was forced to buy polarg bulbs for my rear signal lights. puro blue/superwhite kasi nakikita ko.

yung nakita ko naman na iba, sobrang low quality na parang dirty white lang, hindi yung orangey color ng signal lights.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The OEM bulbs were Narvas (or at least yun ang nakakabit sa unit when we got it). Polarg sobrang mahal, ang based on my experience, halos same lifespan lang.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    i am looking for a double contact version. Medyo hindi ko gusto ang naikabit na amber bulb sa ZZ namin.

pakibalitaan kung saan akya makakakita ng double contact na amber.

sa concorde mega mall 340 petot ang isa. wag na lang. Mayroon silang T10 na amber. 340 naman ang pair.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tep, siguro kung wala kang makita is for you to use clear bulbs and spray it with orange paint. (bosni orange na pylox).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Double contact meron isang box kina Glenn (92 Kamias Road, Q.C.).

Sa ACE Greenhills puro 24V ang amber double contact. Nye.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The elusive amber-colored, single-contact bulb