New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Baka po kailangang linisin ang projector or headlight housing?
    This is what the casa mechanic said. Unfortunately, they dont do that kind of service sa casa mismo. Wala din sila ma-recommend na place where I can have this done.

The only option they gave me is to replace the whole assembly...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie26 View Post
    Thanks for the comments. I wasn't able to check the site for several days.

Anyway, i recently went to a nearby car repair shop. They tried rewiring, it did not work. They tried checking the power delivery, it's working fine. They tried replacing again with new bulbs, same result. So they finally suggested that I replace the whole headlight assembly... still waiting for their quotation.

While waiting, I went to Nissan to seek 2nd opinion. The verdict... i need to replace the whole assembly. Here's the problem, each side will cost me Php 18k, so that's a whopping 36k just to replace the headlight assembly. Are they really that expensive? I was initially willing to shell out around 20k total...but i feel that 36k is just too much for headlights.

Any suggestions where i can get them at a lower price? Maybe order online (is this safe?), or consider surplus shops in Banawe or Evangelista?

Not much parts going around for 2015 Nissan Altima i guess...

Help...
    try lazada.
    try the folks who advertise replacement car headlight assemblies in the onlines. carousell...?

but my thoughts are,
    if that headlight assembly does not have any electronics inside it,
    and only the low beam bulbs are affected,

from what i understand,
    most headlight assemblies are largely plastic and have no electrical conduction properties.
    i do not see how replacing it will improve the bulb's performance.

mysterious.

sira na ba ang silverized reflector?
    but even if it is,
    that bulb should still glow normally and not be under-glowing, which is what i understand is your problem...
    Last edited by dr. d; February 2nd, 2021 at 07:19 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Thanks for the comments. I wasn't able to check the site for several days.

Anyway, i recently went to a nearby car repair shop. They tried rewiring, it did not work. They tried checking the power delivery, it's working fine. They tried replacing again with new bulbs, same result. So they finally suggested that I replace the whole headlight assembly... still waiting for their quotation.

While waiting, I went to Nissan to seek 2nd opinion. The verdict... i need to replace the whole assembly. Here's the problem, each side will cost me Php 18k, so that's a whopping 36k just to replace the headlight assembly. Are they really that expensive? I was initially willing to shell out around 20k total...but i feel that 36k is just too much for headlights.

Any suggestions where i can get them at a lower price? Maybe order online (is this safe?), or consider surplus shops in Banawe or Evangelista?

Not much parts going around for 2015 Nissan Altima i guess...

Help...
    Didn't expect that the end result is the headlight assembly itself to be the problem.

For a Nissan, if you can check global parts site like Nissan USA or Nissan JP or Nissan TH? But I also wouldn't get my hopes up that it is going to way cheaper if genuine Nissan part.

Reason is why is my Sylphy needed to have the aux fan replaced, I got quoted by Nissan around 18k php for the part alone. I tried checking outside and the only "cheaper" alternative was to buy from the states. But after doing conversion it came to still around 15k php, without shipping and any possible customs charges I may face. So I just did it via Nissan Casa.

For my rear suspension, there is a slight leak in the shock but there is still damping provided. But I wanted it quoted to find out. I think it would total 45k if done inside Nissan (exact php figure is a bit vague already). I had a trusted casa try to quote for me and told them to scour even OEM or compatible if they could find... answer was none. They quoted using genuine Nissan (no surplus then) and it would cost around 40k/42k php total if they did it. So negligible difference (Again a bit vague on the exact price now since it was over 2 years ago). Naturally, I did not have it done.

But good luck to you, hopefully makahanap ka ng surplus or alternative sources

EDIT: Try checking here if you can find the part number to compare the price.
    215 Nissan Altima Parts, Accessories, and Merchandise - Nissan Parts & Accessories Online

I think it would be earlier than 2015 Altima in the states because we didn't get the refresh of it that generation before they stopped selling it here.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    All lights are working fine, except for the regular low beam headlights. They have lights, but it's just too dim that I can barely see anything at night (need to use bright "high beam" just to drive at night). I already replaced the H11 bulbs, but its still the same.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

The car is a 2nd hand 2015 Altima.

TIA
    i googled nissanclub.com
    it appears, you are not alone.
    in post #27 of "headlights too dim? can't see! solution?",
    it would seem, the silver reflectorized coating has degenerated.

amazon and ebay were mentioned as possible sources of replacement headlight housings...

google it, sir, for ideas.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 2nd, 2021 at 10:07 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Projector retrofit might be the way to go. As long as the lens are clear.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Try mag-bakasakali sa Autospecs Banawe, mukhang may direct line sila sa local warehouse ng DEPO/TYC replacements.

Autospecs

Okay din ang suggestion na HID retrofit. Sa 20K budget may pasok na package iyan. At least 2X ang output at may minimum 1 year warranty. Dito ka sa 2 leading shops magpa estimate. Parehas maayos kausap.

The Retrofit Shop

Redline Auto Works (Detailing | Paint | Parts | Accessories)

Kung ako, sa HID route para hindi din sayang ang light assembly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12