New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Napapansin ko lang to when I am driving...

Bakit ang American Cars red ang Rear Turn Lights / Hazard Lights ang ung iba naman integrated ang Turn Lights and Brake Lights kaya when they step on the brakes, the Brake Lights override the Turn Lights. kala mo tuloy di na sya mag-turn.

Bakit naman ung Japs and Euro Cars, iba ang kulay ng rear turn/hazard lights sa brake Lights?

Just asking...

particularly E150/savanna yan dude noh??

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Yup.

Ung F150 ganon din. Iisa ang Rear Turn Lights and Brake Lights.
    Kaya pag preno niya, Brake lights prevail. Di muna tuloy makita ung Turn Lights.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    because that's allowed on their motor vehicle code.

our local motor vehicle code allows car manufacturers to either amber or red for the rear turn signals.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The U.S. has different regulations. Whilst the U.S. market requires vehicles to have front and rear sidemarker lamps (not required in Europe). U.S. vehicles are not required to have rear foglamp (required in most EU countries).

U.S. front foglamps are also required to shut off when you turn on your high beams. In US and Japanese market cars, the foglamps will not turn off.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Red turn lights bother me A LOT! Parang nakaka-lokong brake or hazard na hindi mo maintindihan! Look at the Expy, it has a huge tail lamp and yet fail to provide a separate amber turn light. Eh kalahati lang ng L300 tail lamp ng Expy, complete with separate brake, turn and reverse lights! Sorry pero matagal na talaga akong irita sa US version tail lamps (combo turn/brake and reverse lamp).

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sir russpogi, sanay lang siguro kayo sir sa mga yellow amber lights natin. try nyo siguro once pumunta kayo sa US, malamang mag-adjust kayo nyan like I do.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have no problems with the color of tail/turning/hazard lights. The only time it'd be a problem is if I'm tailgating which I rarely do.

If any taillights ahead of me light up, it's an automatic cue for me to stand back and keep my distance. What I'm more on the alert for are people who engine brake, trying to avoid having the tailights light up.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    Red turn lights bother me A LOT! Parang nakaka-lokong brake or hazard na hindi mo maintindihan! Look at the Expy, it has a huge tail lamp and yet fail to provide a separate amber turn light. Eh kalahati lang ng L300 tail lamp ng Expy, complete with separate brake, turn and reverse lights! Sorry pero matagal na talaga akong irita sa US version tail lamps (combo turn/brake and reverse lamp).

Nalilito din ako when I encounter them on the road lalo na kung nakabuntot ako sa kanya on a bumper to bumper traffic jam.

Ok pa nga ung Expi kasi separate naman ang turn lights and brake lights.
    Pareho nga lang red.

Ang masama ung F150 ata yon. Ung Brake lights, yon na din ang turn lights.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nels76 View Post
    Napapansin ko lang to when I am driving...

Bakit ang American Cars red ang Rear Turn Lights / Hazard Lights ang ung iba naman integrated ang Turn Lights and Brake Lights kaya when they step on the brakes, the Brake Lights override the Turn Lights. kala mo tuloy di na sya mag-turn.

Bakit naman ung Japs and Euro Cars, iba ang kulay ng rear turn/hazard lights sa brake Lights?

Just asking...
    Naooverride ba ng brake lights ang turn lights? Based on my observation parang hindi naman. Like sa Gen 1 expe namin parang pag nakasignal ka then brake, yun isang light lang ang iilaw for brake while the other light flashing pa din.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Curious on American Cars' Turn Lights