New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I decided to start a new thread na lang so I can post the progress of my conversion here.

I'll be using lexus LS430 projectors, one of the widest low beam only projectors available

since the new projectors are low beam only, I decided to go with the 2005-06 headlights with a separate high beam. I bought myself a surplus set but when I tried to install them, they don't fit the 2003 bumper:

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    that means either I chop up the stock 03 bumpers to fit or I go all out and swap the whole front end to the newer model.

picked up a surplus bumper as well, in gold :D

the grille and fogs are different as well so those are on the way as well.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    aba, nighthawk style yan ah bri_g! walang duda na maganda talaga ang bato ng ls430 projectors as i saw it in action nung nag-convoy kami ni nighthawk one time

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir nasa magkano ang Bumpers ng 05-06 model ung surplus or taiwan model
    and san na kakamura??
    gusto ko dn ng MMC look ganda kasi ng grill at foglamps bilog...

sana malaman ko ang pricing nito para mapag ipunan

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    pang idol talaga. I'm 101% sure ganda nanaman kalalabasan nito

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    one interested crv '03 owner here. looks like it's an expensive retrofitting.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    tagal ko na pala hindi naka update dito! its been a long 3 months using halogens hehe retrofit is finally almost done. hirap ng alignment since I don't have much room in the 06 crv headlights.

here's the almost finished headlights:

I had to run with 1 projector lang last night since the left headlight was aimed too high. 1 projector was enough to cover 4 lanes

the lens swap gave the LS430 a nice sharp cut off

output of the RH projector, left was not on.
    Last edited by bri g; January 21st, 2010 at 04:37 PM. Reason: edit img tags

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    the nice sharp cut off

the output of the right projector goes all the way to parking spot #6 (I'm parked in front of parking #2), could be wider if the white car wasn't there

thats about it! should be done by end of this week.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ser galing galing. congrats on your Mod....

BTW, paano ba ginagawa yung ika-cut yung old reflector

and in with the new one? if not too much trouble. puede some pix?

also how to Rewire the harness fm. H4 to a 4lamp system? (need to replacee din ba yung Light switch on the stalk?)

huling tanong nga pala...yung donor lights mo ng 2005CRV eh local model or JDM surplus?

Regards,

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    ser galing galing. congrats on your Mod....

BTW, paano ba ginagawa yung ika-cut yung old reflector

and in with the new one? if not too much trouble. puede some pix?

also how to Rewire the harness fm. H4 to a 4lamp system? (need to replacee din ba yung Light switch on the stalk?)

huling tanong nga pala...yung donor lights mo ng 2005CRV eh local model or JDM surplus?

Regards,
    thanks sir! I'll take a pic sa next project ko. you basically cut up the reflector para kasya yung projector kasi you're basically bolting down the projector to the reflector.

rewiring will depend per car yung ibang h4 kasi uses 2 positives 1 negative or 1 positive and 2 negatives. no need to change the light switch stalk, tap ka lang from the stock h4 harness.

in my case local model na crv galing yung headlights ko (may nakalagay din LHD) pero it wouldn't matter if you're doing a retrofit since yung reflector will be used to mount the projector lang naman. important yung projector ang LHD. HTH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
CRV hid retrofit + 03 to 05 swap