New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    even with the retrofit HID, isn't it blinding to the car in front of you when he looks at the rear view/side mirrors? I typically experience this during traffic, when the car behind me (I think) has HID headlights. I literally cover my rear view mirror, or tilt it, just until we get moving again. I don't want the same thing to happen to cars in front of me in case I get HID's.

I'm also thinking about what if I need to flash my high beams in cases where another car would, let's say, try to cross my path? Isn't that a no-no for HID's?

If I install 6000K HID's, will our ever-vigilant MMDA/traffic enforcers flag me? What does the law actually say about HID's?

Lastly, my headlights are not clear-type. Does that mean I also need to find clear glass headlights in addition to the retrofit HID's?

My village is not well-lit, so I sometimes need brighter lights, but this HID thing seems to be more trouble than it's worth.

Thoughts? Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Actually even if it's not HID as long as the car behind you is taller like vans, pick ups, tendency is their head light beam will reflect directly to your rear view mirror. So you need to tilt it, no need to cover it. Besides during night time it is advisable to tilt you rear view to avoid glare.

I've been an HID user ever since the xenon bulbs days, it's just like a normal head light. You can flash other cars as normal, just practice driver courtesy of course... especially if the car in front of you keeps flashing maybe he is all dazzled up, just turn it off.

MMDAs / officers have nothing on HIDs as of now AFAIK.

No need for a clear crystal type head lamp, your non clear type will work just fine.

In my own humble opinion, just go ahead w/ it. Especially since you said the village your in is not well lit.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GodziRRa! View Post
    Actually even if it's not HID as long as the car behind you is taller like vans, pick ups, tendency is their head light beam will reflect directly to your rear view mirror. So you need to tilt it, no need to cover it. Besides during night time it is advisable to tilt you rear view to avoid glare.

I've been an HID user ever since the xenon bulbs days, it's just like a normal head light. You can flash other cars as normal, just practice driver courtesy of course... especially if the car in front of you keeps flashing maybe he is all dazzled up, just turn it off.

MMDAs / officers have nothing on HIDs as of now AFAIK.

No need for a clear crystal type head lamp, your non clear type will work just fine.

In my own humble opinion, just go ahead w/ it. Especially since you said the village your in is not well lit.

+1 on just using the tilt of the rear view mirror. But if you believe that your projection is just right, don't shut off the lights esp in hway speeds, delikado IMO. High beam mo lang to say na you are already using the low beam.

Also, AFAIK dapat clear lens na yung HL para mas sulit HID.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

The HID lighting system was never designed to be used with your stock halogen headlight. This is not a subjective comment but something that is based on science. Madami nang discussion thread over this, pls try searching.

about blinding from behind:

with plug and play HID, yes it will cause so much glare pag nasa likod mo and especially pagSUV. Pag retrofitted with HID projectors, NO even with SUVs. The cutoff will not be over your rear view mirror so hindi ka masisilaw.

about flashing: not a problem as long as you dont flash crazy. Just to comment on this habit of most motorists: it is not courteous to flash. Let him pass or use your brakesMakakarating naman tayo lahat sa pupuntahan natin.

of course you can use non-clear headlamps but the question is..will you maximize the output of the bulb? No. will it cause glare to other motorists? Yes

HID more trouble than it's worth? Yes, if its used in the wrong way. Trouble not just to you bit also to other motorists.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Been using HID on a non clear head lamp as well as a clear one. Yes the HID is not as optimum on a non clear head lamps vs. clear crystal type ones. But it's tolerable, not that big of a thing to even consider buying a new clear type head lamp.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    wala pa bang nabibiling aftermarket autodimmer rearview mirror sa banawe? effective yun sa mga ganyang highbeam lamps....

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by desert fox View Post
    wala pa bang nabibiling aftermarket autodimmer rearview mirror sa banawe? effective yun sa mga ganyang highbeam lamps....
    Ahhh... ayos yan ah.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by desert fox View Post
    Wala bro DF. Dito sa pinas Hyundai-Kia may ganyan pero sa TOTL lang. Next na meron nyan yung American Cars at Euro Cars na. Hahaha

Anyway, retrofitting will be the best option. Nasubukan ko na yung HID sa frosted HL, Isuzu Trooper.. result: pure BS. Mukhang mas malakas pa kung Philips XV bulbs nalang. Sa clear type HL, malakas talaga pero minsan nakaka-silaw talaga sa kasalubong. Kung H4 type ang headlights wag na ipa-HID, wala lang mararating na maayos yan.

Been there, done that, walang magandang dulot kapag sabog ang HID.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GodziRRa! View Post
    Ahhh... ayos yan ah.
    Oo bro, meron nyan sasakyan ko.....goodygoody....pero me nakita ako sa internet,korean site me aftermarket na meron pa compass at parang meron din camera screen for reversing.....

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Wala bro DF. Dito sa pinas Hyundai-Kia may ganyan pero sa TOTL lang. Next na meron nyan yung American Cars at Euro Cars na. Hahaha

Anyway, retrofitting will be the best option. Nasubukan ko na yung HID sa frosted HL, Isuzu Trooper.. result: pure BS. Mukhang mas malakas pa kung Philips XV bulbs nalang. Sa clear type HL, malakas talaga pero minsan nakaka-silaw talaga sa kasalubong. Kung H4 type ang headlights wag na ipa-HID, wala lang mararating na maayos yan.

Been there, done that, walang magandang dulot kapag sabog ang HID.
    aha..kung maka-import pala tsikot nyan, for sure mabenta yan sa atin broSG.....kasi madami nakaHID na sa atin for sure....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
considering HID, but...