New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    guys..here's what im talking about the newlook for my headlight in the 124 benz..

now my problem is...how to adjust the light.. kasi hnd maxado nasa center eh.. at minsan may nakikita akung prang blue dun sa loob tuwing mag on.. paanu kaya ma focus un? tsaka anu kaya ung model ng bulb nito? h1 h2 h3 h4, etc? d ku alam eh...kasi palitan ku sana pra medyu malakas ung ilaw.. pra nman maganda ang throw ng ilaw nito.. thanks po

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    "bump""bump""bump"

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Ipa adjust mo sa installer. If I am not mistaken, bagong upgrade pa lang iyan.
    Last edited by meledson; October 5th, 2008 at 11:47 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Yuck. Sayang lang pera mo.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    bkit sayang bro? is something the matter?

about adjusting may nakita akung screw for socket wrench.. ill let the installer adjust it again..but mahirap kasi pang umaga lng xa
    ung bulb lng sana kng anu pwd d2 aside sa hid kit

bkit sayang bro? is something the matter?

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Well if you are happy with it then we are happy for you that's whats important.

Most classic MBenz owners, like sir Mbeige here, would naturally go for MBenz OEM parts since it preserves the elegant look of classic models like yours. OEM MBenz parts have always been considered classier than aftermarket 'upgrades' like what you have here.

Again, if it makes you feel good and more importantly functions properly then that is fine.

Kanya-kanyang gusto.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Well, no offense, pero medyo alanganin ngang tignan sa Benz mo (and I'm not even a fan of the W124). Baka naman sa anggulo lang ng pic. Maybe it looks better with another picture, especially kung ano yung itsura niya pag nakasindi na.

Then again, if you can get it to work properly, then it might not be so bad.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Don't take it the wrong way but it looks cheap. If I were you, I'd replace it with OEM headlights ASAP.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    opinyon ko naging ricey yung chedeng, pero kanya kanya lang yan ng trip.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzhin
    First I must apologize for the very straightforward response. I wasn't ready to see a W124 with those lights either! Also I hope you don't mind me just replying through the forum instead of through PM, as I also reflect the points of view from the other responses.

Three reasons why I said sayang pera mo. First thing is that the European lights your car already had (assuming it's original German made Bosch/Hella) is FAR superior both in daytime look (without the lights on) as well as night time driving. That also comes with the comparison to the US version, which my 300TE has. Those US version headlights are "fair" when it comes to night time driving, but once you've seen the difference between that and the European version your car originally had, it's like night and day. Of course, this also assumes that the condition of both is identical.

Second, putting aftermarket parts in an MB detracts from the authenticity of the car, as well as lowers the resale value. Granted, yours is an '85 but already has painted bumper impact strips typical of later model W124's (but yours has no chrome strip, that gives it away), it's still fine because it fits the car properly. Putting on those aftermarket lights is like putting on a pair of sneakers when wearing business attire. It does the job, but does not fit the look. Enthusiasts will know that those are not original design headlights. While I am also the type of person who will upgrade when possible and if financially feasible as well, I believe this is a downgrade both in looks and performance, simply because the European headlights are already very good to begin with.

Third, the "clear" or "crystal" headlight look started with the 2000+ models that sported HID lights and had clear lenses (albeit plastic ones). The W124 never had that, and as others have said, as I have confirmed, it truly detracts from the elegance of the vehicle design. The key to Mercedes Benz modification is to go with authentic, period correct upgrades.

However, I can respect your decision should you decide to keep that. I'm just passing on the advice I've learned, which was passed on to me through years of online discussion board readings and my own personal experience too. If the reflectors are bad, you can have them redone properly.

If I had not known any better I would have said yours is a 1993. The headlights suit the car well, palinisan mo na lang at ipaayos mo yung reflectors. If the reflectors were in good shape and you just swapped lights, I would have offered to buy them from you on the spot. Yun nga lang I'm thousands of miles away, so...pass
    Last edited by mbeige; October 7th, 2008 at 09:05 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
check out my new headlight please..