New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Good day guys, i'm a newbie here..

anyway, can anyone help me plss..
    the problem is on my 03 ford lynx fog lamps. The fuse of my fog lamps seems to blow up always whenever i turn it on, and in just a minute the fuse suddenly trip off. Because you can see the inside of the fuse wire been cut or blown up.

Situation is when my first fuse (15Amp) blown up. I bought a new set of Fuse again and install it. (still 15Amp). then in just a matter of minutes when i turn the fog lamps on, it trips off again (it happened 4 times whenever i install a new fuse). By the way only 1 Fuse seems to blow off whenever that happens, the other one is just fine.

Question is can i change my 2 set of Fuse(15amp) to 20amp? if ever i did change it to 20amp, will my Fog Lamps be alright and fine?

I wonder what seems to be the culprit or i just need to increase or need a higher amps of fuse? maybe 20amp?

thnx

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Frances View Post
    Good day guys, i'm a newbie here..

anyway, can anyone help me plss..
    the problem is on my 03 ford lynx fog lamps. The fuse of my fog lamps seems to blow up always whenever i turn it on, and in just a minute the fuse suddenly trip off. Because you can see the inside of the fuse wire been cut or blown up.

Situation is when my first fuse (15Amp) blown up. I bought a new set of Fuse again and install it. (still 15Amp). then in just a matter of minutes when i turn the fog lamps on, it trips off again (it happened 4 times whenever i install a new fuse). By the way only 1 Fuse seems to blow off whenever that happens, the other one is just fine.

Question is can i change my 2 set of Fuse(15amp) to 20amp? if ever i did change it to 20amp, will my Fog Lamps be alright and fine?

I wonder what seems to be the culprit or i just need to increase or need a higher amps of fuse? maybe 20amp?

thnx
    since 4x nagblown ang fuse pacheck mo na sa auto electrician kasi meron short ang circuit ng fog lamps mo.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by raine View Post
    since 4x nagblown ang fuse pacheck mo na sa auto electrician kasi meron short ang circuit ng fog lamps mo.
    +1

Don't even think of using a higher rated fuse than the one recommended by the manufacturer. You will run the risk of the fuse not blowing and having something else fail. With electrical equipment, its usually the weakest part that blows or overheats. So if your fuse does not blow, your wiring might catch on fire or your battery might blow up :boom1: or something equally exciting might happen. :electricf:

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    At first I am thinking that it's fine to use a higher rate of fuse (i.e 15amp to 20amp). I did some research and it shows that using a none recommended fuse rating would cause your wires to heat and fire up.. same logic applies to your fog lamp.. it might get busted. Mahal pa naman ang fog lamps.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    tama ka doon bro, magiinit ang wiring mo at pwedeng maging source pa ito ng sunog, meron akong napanood 2days ago sa news nasunog toyota 16v due to faulty wiring kaya ingat,

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    geee..
    ill replace the 20amp fuse that i've put on in my fogs fuse box.. Glad that i haven't use it yet. I only tried it twice just On and Off for a secs & just to test it if its going to work on a 20amp fuse and not for a long period of time. Hope nothing bad happened.
    ok thanx for all the feedbacks guys. I'll replace it now.
    But i wonder what seems to be the problem?

I remember it started to trip off after i installed the Blue LED park Light (the one which is rotating) in my head light and replace the ordinary parklight. Does this have to do with the problem? thnx

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Depends... where did the installer draw the current from? If the park light gets its current from the line to the fog lights, that's your culprit. Either it's too much load for your foglamp fuse or it's not done properly. Better if they wired the park light directly, with a relay to keep it from blowing.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    just solved the prob. Just installed a new set of relays for my foglamps. Much safer daw kasi and if ever I want to increase the wattage of my foglamp bulbs is just ok and safe..

Thnx guys for the replies and infos. Problem solved!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The foglamps do get a signal from the parklamps. It's the reason why you can't switch on the foglamps without powering up the parklamps first.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    yup its true that you can only use or turn ON the Foglamps whenever that the parklight is switch to on. i know.
    But the problem before is that if ever you want to use the foglamps it always trips off with a blown fuse. thats all.
    Solution is, I just installed a new sets of relays. I didn't change anything from the controls or switches. So all the controls and switches are still the same. Thnx anyway..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Blown-up FUSE of Fog Lamps (Ford Lynx)