New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Hello guys, help naman po, I know nothing about bulbs, All I know is are these brand names, philips & osram, I'm planning to replace my stock bulb sa 99 civic ko, malabo na kasi masyado specially pag umuulan nakakatakot mgdrive, ano po ba ang magandang brand & model na rin ng bulb and how much po kaya? . Iii|; )'. TIA..

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Osram Silverstar maganda lalo na pag malakas ang ulan tagusan siya dahil yellowish ang buga niya . Stock lang ang wattage ng bulb niya pero mas malakas .

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    or osram nightbreaker or all weather.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    Osram Silverstar maganda lalo na pag malakas ang ulan tagusan siya dahil yellowish ang buga niya . Stock lang ang wattage ng bulb niya pero mas malakas .
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    or osram nightbreaker or all weather.
    thanks po sir speed & sir archie, any idea how much it cost? does it mean when I replace my bulb it needs to be aligned again?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    sir ayaw nyo ng HID? wla k n hahanapin kung clear vision dn lng ang kelangan nyo.. i have here good quality brand to offer if you want.. un kc gmit ko s oto ko at ok n ok nmn sya.. since honda oto nyo pasok n pasok un kc ang alam ko un ung brand gnmit ng honda cars shaw date..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jehu View Post
    sir ayaw nyo ng HID? wla k n hahanapin kung clear vision dn lng ang kelangan nyo.. i have here good quality brand to offer if you want.. un kc gmit ko s oto ko at ok n ok nmn sya.. since honda oto nyo pasok n pasok un kc ang alam ko un ung brand gnmit ng honda cars shaw date..
    Sir bawal text speak and selling sa posts.

And HID for 99 Civic? That would be great if he wants to see all the leaves and the trees and lamp posts. I've seen a lot of EK Civics with HIDs and they're one of the worst cars when it comes to glare.

The best option for the topic starter would be to have the headlights cleaned (If it's getting dirty or yellowish) and install +80 bulbs like Philips X-treme Power or Osram Nightbreaker.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jehu View Post

thanks for the offer sir, pero I don't like, HID's, when I bought my car from the original owner nakaHID sya but I replaced it agad. And base on what i read here, pwede na sakin iyon osram or philips.
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    Sir bawal text speak and selling sa posts.

And HID for 99 Civic? That would be great if he wants to see all the leaves and the trees and lamp posts. I've seen a lot of EK Civics with HIDs and they're one of the worst cars when it comes to glare.

The best option for the topic starter would be to have the headlights cleaned (If it's getting dirty or yellowish) and install +80 bulbs like Philips X-treme Power or Osram Nightbreaker.
    I already have it cleaned sir, but still malabo pa rin, so last resort change my bulb and see what happens, pag malabo pa rin ano na naman kaya ang papalitan dun. It's really dangerous driving * night specially sa province namin sa Pangasinan. Ano po ba maganda between Osram NB and All-weather? thanks..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    meron ng new Osram Night Breaker Plus......
    plan next week to change my OEM headlights ng ESI ko.....

agree with glntVR with regards to Philips XP or Osram Nightbreakers. Best all around bulbs in the market right now. Stock wattage, maganda output. Go as near sa 4300k color temp.Many chose the Philips XP +80.

Post ka pix nung headlight mo para we can see kung gaano kalabo. Ganyan talaga EK headlight, prone to yellowing. Yung UV coating nyan madali matanggal (I have many here na pinalitan) and when that's off nagiging madilaw na at lumalabo. Of course bro you need to be realistic din sa lighting perfomance you will get sa halogen lighting. The XP+80 gives around 1300 lumens with a lifetime of 500 hrs. Ordinary halogen will give out around 900-100 lumens. Philips 85122+ bulbs will output around 3200 lumens but please use this inside an HID projector and not as a plug and play unit. So ayan para may base comparison ka and alam mo what to expect.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by arieslhon View Post
    meron ng new Osram Night Breaker Plus......
    plan next week to change my OEM headlights ng ESI ko.....
    i think I'll try to look for it also. mga how much po ba iyong NB plus ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Best Bulb for my 99 Civic