New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Just finished installing HID projectors on a Mazda MPV. I know that this was done here already long time ago and would like to share for those who are still interested on DIY Delica projector lens or other surplus lenses.
    Why Delica? kasi malaki po yung projector nya, daming pagkukunan, at mura lang - P1,800/pair.

instead na i-cut ko yung case, binuksan ko yung glass cover nya using china made hair dryer ( P100 lang sa carriedo). Besides, you need to practice since you'll be opening your original headlight. In fairness ok yung hair dryer pangbukas ng cover at hindi ko gagamitin ito sa hair ko

eto na siya after removing the glass cover

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    next is to take out the projector

disassembled projector

take note that you need an H3 HID bulb to fit on the projector

and you need to reverse the cut-off since this is designed for RHD car.

para ma-reverse yung cut-off, make a pattern of the cut-off from a paper then use this to cut thin sheet metal or aluminum (pwede na aluminum can). then file off the existing cut off until maging isang straight line na lang ito. now, pwede nyo na epoxy yung fabricated sheet.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Next is to mount the projector inside the MPV headlight. Opening the MPV HL is same as opening the Delica HL.

The problem with the projector is that it won't fit inside the MPV HL due to its adjusting screws. Need to cut it off para mag-fit.

To retain adjustment for alignment, gumawa ako ng slotted right angled flat bar ( ito yung nabibili sa hardware na right angle flat bar then dagdag na lang butas para maging slot )

Last edited by rmpmla; July 12th, 2009 at 10:41 AM. Reason: added pic

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Since the projector is for low beam, I would lost my high beam as the MPV uses H4 bulb.

initially,this is my plan

back view

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i also made a shroud using the delica parts

with backlit blue LED

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    hmmm.. papano yung magiging output ng hi beam?

wala kasi sa gitna yung bulb eh. at wala rin reflector.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    next was to make the plastic HL cover into clear. Wala kasi lumabas na clear nito kaya no choice but to sand it off. this is the hard part pero kung clear na yung mga cover nyo much better.

then i changed my mind about the shroud when i found a blue CFL for only P400/pair.

First test. it is important that you finalized the horizontal alignment/cutoff adjustment bago i-mount yung headlight plastic cover. Also, please note that with this set up, the existing adjustments of the orig MPV can still be used.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    after making sure that the light is leveled horizontally, nilagay ko na yung plastic cover.

Blue CFL with cover

HL shot near wall

HL shot away from wall

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    hmmm.. papano yung magiging output ng hi beam?

wala kasi sa gitna yung bulb eh. at wala rin reflector.
    my purpose for the Hi beam was just for flashing. but this I have removed and used a bull bar mounted fog lamp as my hi beam.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ang ganda ng project niyo sir may angel eyes pa

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Another DIY HID projector headlight. Caution-modem burner