New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    kung wala naman pala problema sa visibility because of the dark tint bakit kelangan mo pa mag palit ng mas malakas na ilaw?
    I would think nagbabakasakali lang si TS na may easy upgrade na makakadagdag sa output ng HL niya to offset the new tint. Not that he needs more light, but a little more light generated through a quick (though responsible) fix would be welcome.

Anyhow, if that tint can't go any lighter, than for max output go to garyq, otherwise there's little that a halogen bulb upgrade can do.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    kung wala naman pala problema sa visibility because of the dark tint bakit kelangan mo pa mag palit ng mas malakas na ilaw?
    wala naman actually, maybe i was swrong with my question, maybe dapat nag inquire na lang, if stay with my allweather bulbs or change to osram of philipps since mas kita ko yung stock color ng ilaw kesa sa dilaw ko (now that im tinted as opposed nung wala ako tint)

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    I would think nagbabakasakali lang si TS na may easy upgrade na makakadagdag sa output ng HL niya to offset the new tint. Not that he needs more light, but a little more light generated through a quick (though responsible) fix would be welcome.

Anyhow, if that tint can't go any lighter, than for max output go to garyq, otherwise there's little that a halogen bulb upgrade can do.
    ito! tama sir, haha! salamat! di ko kasi maipaliwanag :D sorry. and tama, responsible way without irritating other drivers on the road, btw since 100/80 watts ilaw ko, medyo naka aim pababa so di nakakasilaw as i havent experienced getting the pitik from oncoming drivers, and i tried to align it higher and ok naman pero inaalala ko baka makasilaw sa iba.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    IMHO, putting heavy tint on a windshield is one irresponsible way a motorist can be. Why, because your blindspot is magnified significantly. It also eliminates the peripheral light thrown by your headlight such that only the central beam is seen but reduced significantly nevertheless. Yes, putting a dark tint on your windshield is a personal choice as the car is yours but do note that the road is not yours and used by everyone else

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Maybe a brick through your tinted windshield at night would help night driving?
    hahaha magpapatint ng sobrang itim tapos gusto maglagay ng maliwanag ng headlight

mga nakakasilaw na walang konsiderasyon sa iba.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by slvrsrfr2301 View Post
    ano maganda ilaw gamitin para sa solar gard hp supreme 16? eh pag 22?

wala naman problema sa visibility (currently using wurth gold h4) naghahanap lang ako ng maganda gamitin pag naka dark tint... yellow, o whitish (not hid)

Pwede siguro pakabit ka ng ganito

Electric Auto Tinting Glass - Switchable Window Tint - Smart Glass eliteautotune(dot)com - YouTube

Defiant Audio does Electric Window tint, adjustable window tint, wireless window tint" - YouTube

biggest reduction ng good lighting output is dark tint. Even a medium dark tint will affect considerably the output of a stock halogen bulb.

If you want the cheapest solution, go for a lighter tint.

Can I request tsikoteers to make objective comments kahit meron mga seemingly uninformed comments?? Let's keep our board interesting to look at and full of objectivity. Thanks guys!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by slvrsrfr2301 View Post
    ito! tama sir, haha! salamat! di ko kasi maipaliwanag :D sorry. and tama, responsible way without irritating other drivers on the road, btw since 100/80 watts ilaw ko, medyo naka aim pababa so di nakakasilaw as i havent experienced getting the pitik from oncoming drivers, and i tried to align it higher and ok naman pero inaalala ko baka makasilaw sa iba.
    I've gone as dark as Panther 5 a long time ago. No HID option then. No fun except for the fact that it was summer then, but once the rains came, I eventually went with Panther 20 (dark smoke). Ever since it was either dark smoke or dark magic -- so that's darkest at 20 for the dark smoke (not sure what dark magic is nowadays, it used to be about 20, too).

Anyhow, my point here is if you're set and happy with your tint and won't go lighter, that's your personal choice. But unless you are open to going for a retrofit or bolt on projector with good performance, don't waste your money on getting a higher powered halogen bulb. It won't appear to be that much brighter. There's only so much halogens on multireflectors can do. Sayang pera.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    IMHO, putting heavy tint on a windshield is one irresponsible way a motorist can be. Why, because your blindspot is magnified significantly. It also eliminates the peripheral light thrown by your headlight such that only the central beam is seen but reduced significantly nevertheless. Yes, putting a dark tint on your windshield is a personal choice as the car is yours but do note that the road is not yours and used by everyone else
    heavy na ba yung hp supreme 22? if that's the case, i did it kasi napakainit talaga and for security reasons na i will keep for my self. and, i plan to go to a lighter shade once na lumamig lamig ng kaunti, thanks sir!

Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    hahaha magpapatint ng sobrang itim tapos gusto maglagay ng maliwanag ng headlight

mga nakakasilaw na walang konsiderasyon sa iba.
    as far as i can remember, i just wanted an improvement, not to the point na makakasilaw ako, just an improvement :D

Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    I've gone as dark as Panther 5 a long time ago. No HID option then. No fun except for the fact that it was summer then, but once the rains came, I eventually went with Panther 20 (dark smoke). Ever since it was either dark smoke or dark magic -- so that's darkest at 20 for the dark smoke (not sure what dark magic is nowadays, it used to be about 20, too).

Anyhow, my point here is if you're set and happy with your tint and won't go lighter, that's your personal choice. But unless you are open to going for a retrofit or bolt on projector with good performance, don't waste your money on getting a higher powered halogen bulb. It won't appear to be that much brighter. There's only so much halogens on multireflectors can do. Sayang pera.
    yup sir, salamat po, mag lighter shade po ako pag lamig lamig and baka mag pa retro ako ( i have been itching to have my hl's done kay sir gary di lang ako makaipon pa )

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
ano maganda gamitin na ilaw pag dark tint?