New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexxx View Post
    Very well said mein freund!

I have questions though.

1. Is it true that winking (pagbati using headlights) is a no-no for HID? Since this powerful and all.
    2. I'm assuming that HID eats up battery power quicker, since they are awfully bright.

I have 99 Galant VR V6 , and the lights are very low! I think no one will be offended even if I used the HIGH BEAM! I had passenger once who even told me to open the my headlights, when in fact it already is! What an insult! That is why i'm planning to buy 'em HIDS! But my wife thinks otherwise. Any of you guys know a place for cheap HID's? With good quality of course!
    - flashing headlights on HID is a no-no. remember, they are controlled by a ballast. masusunog yung ballast mo.
    - HID consumes less battery power, because they are powered by the ballast. parang flourescent light yan sa bahay na de ballast. mas maliit mag consume ng battery compared to incandescent bulbs.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    1. Flashing(winking) is a no-no for HID. Not that its powerful, but it's because of the gases inside the bulb. Too technical to explain. hehe And it would also ruin your ballast.
    2. As far as I know, this is the common misconception when it comes to HID. HIDs(most of them) are rated at 35watts so compare that to your stock 55watt halogen bulb, it should consume less power. But there are 55watt kits available.

Regarding your headlights, I used to drive the same car as yours and have full windshield tints. Never had a problem with the visibility. I find the light sufficient(not bright but sufficient). Your problem may be any of the ff.
    1. Type of bulb, I would suggest getting Philips X-treme Power or Osram Night Breakers. They are brighter than stock bulbs but have the same wattage so no upgrades needed.
    2. Your problem might be with the headlight assembly.
    -Could be that the reflectors and glass are already dirty and needs to be cleaned
    -Misaligned beam. Try to check whether your headlight is properly aimed.
    3. As far as I know your car comes with fog lights. Check whether they are in good condition and if they are, try using stock bulbs or better than stock bulbs and that would really help.
    Wow! Thanks for the info. I'm insisting kasi the Wife to buy us an HID, maybe naiinggit lang ako. But as u've said, the light is indeed sufficient (right choice of words sir!). As for my passenger who commented that my lights are low...baka malabo na mata nya! Hehehe. Siguro pag napundi na lang ang Headlamps ko or pag may budget na tsaka na lang ako buy bg HID's. Kasi mostly parang negative feedback ang HID's, so it is not necessary.

Thanks for the tip, I may buy those PHILIPS X-Treme Power or OSRAM Night Breakers na lang...I guess they'll be cheaper than those HID's. Our car does come with fog lamps! 50watts din ata (same as the headlights), they're in good condition pa naman. Nagkakaproblem lang ako sa PARK lights, twice na ako nagpalit. But it is minor so no big deal.
    We have the same car! Dude I have some missing parts on my GALANT, you might know someone (or somewhere) , where I can buy 'em! Perhaps your selling yours? It's my fog lamp reflector and a CENTER WHEEL CAP. They just fell off I guess.

Since you are a GALANT owner I recommend you this sites also.

CLUBVR4.COM (Europe based -UK, NZ etc. -first forums na nasalihan ko!)
    GALANTFORUMS.COM (US Based -ok dito lotsa pimping!!)
    OZVR4.COM (Australian based)
    THEGALANTCENTER.NET
    MYMITSUPH.COM (RP based -I think may problem sya! I can't register)

Sa iba rin nag-comment (RION and 14DLV). Thanks! Now I gotta a better overview on those HID's.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexxx View Post
    Wow! Thanks for the info. I'm insisting kasi the Wife to buy us an HID, maybe naiinggit lang ako. But as u've said, the light is indeed sufficient (right choice of words sir!). As for my passenger who commented that my lights are low...baka malabo na mata nya! Hehehe. Siguro pag napundi na lang ang Headlamps ko or pag may budget na tsaka na lang ako buy bg HID's. Kasi mostly parang negative feedback ang HID's, so it is not necessary.

Thanks for the tip, I may buy those PHILIPS X-Treme Power or OSRAM Night Breakers na lang...I guess they'll be cheaper than those HID's. Our car does come with fog lamps! 50watts din ata (same as the headlights), they're in good condition pa naman. Nagkakaproblem lang ako sa PARK lights, twice na ako nagpalit. But it is minor so no big deal.
    We have the same car! Dude I have some missing parts on my GALANT, you might know someone (or somewhere) , where I can buy 'em! Perhaps your selling yours? It's my fog lamp reflector and a CENTER WHEEL CAP. They just fell off I guess.

Since you are a GALANT owner I recommend you this sites also.

CLUBVR4.COM (Europe based -UK, NZ etc. -first forums na nasalihan ko!)
    GALANTFORUMS.COM (US Based -ok dito lotsa pimping!!)
    OZVR4.COM (Australian based)
    THEGALANTCENTER.NET
    MYMITSUPH.COM (RP based -I think may problem sya! I can't register)

Sa iba rin nag-comment (RION and 14DLV). Thanks! Now I gotta a better overview on those HID's.
    Was a former Galant owner. Hehehe used to drive a 7G. 8G pala sayo, ganda yan. hehehe

Anyway, I guess you could trice those Philips or Osram Bulbs muna for your low beams and foglights. Try mo muna sa Low Beam. They're not very expensive naman so I guess it's worth a try.

Try to check your wirings baka something is wrong kaya nasisira yun parklights mo?

As for the center cap, I'm not sure where you can get those medyo mahirap ata hanapin mga missing parts mo. hehehe

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    installed HID's on my fogs.. kalat ung ilaw. Makikita mo ung light ng HID umaabot sa mukha ng mga pedestrians sa bandang right

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    installed HID's on my fogs.. kalat ung ilaw. Makikita mo ung light ng HID umaabot sa mukha ng mga pedestrians sa bandang right
    Can you adjust the aim of your fogs? If yes adjust mo downward. Some cars kasi na I saw na adjust din yung fogs. Would make it more useful since more light would be aimed at the road. btw, what Kelvin did you buy?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    ngek. HID sa fogs?

improperly aligned fog light. pa align mo yan bro.

IMO mas masakit sa mata ng HID fogs than HID na super sabog on Headlight.

unless spot light yan.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I'm glad i read this thread. I had my nissan terrano fitted with HID. Napansin ko nga na talagang na iinis kasalubong ko.

Good thing I installed a HID/halogen combo. HID on low, yellow hallogen on high. Yung high ko hindi nakakasilaw masyado since yellow nga siya. I guess, I'm gonna have to re aim these babies so kasi nakaka inis nga naman makasalubong ng irresponsible HID users.

Thank you for the awareness call.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    personally, overkill ang HID for fogs unless gusto mo maiba at willing to spend. isa pa because mas mababa siya, mas prone siya sa baha. i just use my preferred type (all season) and brand (osram or bosch) na halogen. tipid na pwedeng pwede pa ibabad.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    ang key lang talaga sa HID installation is proper alignment. yung sa akin HID pero hindi naman ako naka projector pero inalign ko lang ng maayos. so far wala pang naasar sa aking kasalubong (1 year ko na ginagamit). and kung naka HID lo ka na, hindi mo na kailangan halos ng high beam. yung HID hi ko nga inaamag na e. :D

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aceshark View Post
    ang key lang talaga sa HID installation is proper alignment. yung sa akin HID pero hindi naman ako naka projector pero inalign ko lang ng maayos. so far wala pang naasar sa aking kasalubong (1 year ko na ginagamit). and kung naka HID lo ka na, hindi mo na kailangan halos ng high beam. yung HID hi ko nga inaamag na e. :D

isa lang sa mga factor pero marami pang dapat i consider.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Advantage and Disadvantage of HID Lights