New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mxn View Post
    so guys anung mas maganda na gamitin maliban sa HID lights?
    maybe a halogen with higher wattage than stock.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    so it means to say mas magandang wag na lang gumamit ng HID..bka mapaaway pa ko e..
    thanks sa lahat ng nagreply sa threads na to..i hope makarating to sa mga drivers that are not responsible in using HID lights.sna cla..hehe!
    Guys, just a reminder:

Please be more conscious and cautious with the way you type your sentences.

"TEXT LANGUAGE" is not allowed in our TSIKOT FORUMS.

Maraming salamat po.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Advantage: great visibility at night especially for off-roaders

Disadvantage: cost lil' bit but worth it

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    so guys anung mas maganda na gamitin maliban sa HID lights?
    Use bumper mounted fog lamps aimed at the pavement.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ECG View Post
    maybe a halogen with higher wattage than stock.
    another cons of that is the additional load to the batt and alternator aside from premature lens discoloration - sigurado yan tapos the next problem would be the stained/darkened lenses -gastos! another is the need for the ceramic sockets and wiring upgrades

yung stock 55/60W lang malakas na yun kumpara sa 100+W provided tama ang aiming, di naka super dark front tint at malinaw ang mata ng driver

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    what is the life span of hid compared to stock halogen or even those after market halogen bulbs?

When I was in Singapore last December, read an article in the Strait Times that Singapore cars with OEM HID entering Malaysia are being apprehended for having HID, which is not allowed in Malaysia. Kawawa yung mga Singapore cars. Ticket violation because of different rules of different countries. HID is allowed in Singapore, as long as its properly installed. Yan ang problema dito sa Pilipinas. We don't have clear rules on HID. And even if we have, such rule will end up being abused by cops or disregarded by the consumer, just like the ban on those cop lights and wang wangs.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    life span of HID bulb are usualy high. 35 watts lang kasi yan... kaya maraming warranty sa bulb from 15-24 months... but the igniter and ballast has limited hours life span too...

the best way to filter proper HID use. is with a device that measures a cutoff on the LTO for annual registration. but I doubt LTO will come to that... they can't even impliment freon 134a regulation properly...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    My opinion is that HID should be used only for off-roader or show car. I don't even understand why LTO dont bother to have this one dissallowed or again LTO failed to implement as usual . I consider putting one to my SUV cause I was blinded by this HID one time but then I realize its not worth an accessory. It will put you in trouble.

Be responsible naman po sana tayo kahit anu pang sabihin e masakit talaga to sa mata e. Besides gusto mo bang everytime ka labas sa nyt e worried ka rin for you might meet your match hehe buti lang kung palalampasin ka. peace!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    If properly done, it will serve you well. Less wattage used, clearer beam of light, better illumination, sharp cutoff (no glare), etc.

But if improperly done, it will cause glare as mentioned, might have wiring trouble in long run, could be a hack job if not done right, and if substandard parts are used could be dangerous if suddenly mawala ilaw mo (it happens).

If I were you read as much as you can, and save up for doing it the right way instead if you really want it. Otherwise, don't do a half ass job.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    HID bulbs on reflectors designed for halogens = NOT COOL

HIDs should only be installed in optics designed for it. So far, the best would be using projectors. By that, I mean "proper" projectors... not the cheap eBay kind, if you know what I mean.

There are however a few reflectors that are certified for use with HID. Case in point, the Honda Civic 2.0S-L does not use projectors, but the headlamp assembly it's using is designed for HIDs. Other Civics of this generation other than the model I mentioned uses a different headlamp assembly, and should only be used with halogen bulbs.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Advantage and Disadvantage of HID Lights