New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    sirs di ba kung traffic at madilim ay laging on ang headlights mo.. for me its just being courteous to the vehicle in front of you to put you lights to its dim mode then pag andar ng traffic be sure to turn it on.imho lang

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kailangan bukas para safe.:lol:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pinapatay ko kapag nakahinto. Napapagod kasi ang mata ko. Otherwise naka-on siya kapag umaandar BE IT DAY OR NIGHT.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako din pinapatay ko pag nakahinto ang sasakyan sa trapik. On na ulit pag andar. :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pinapatay ko pag may kaharap ako sa traffic (i.e. ako yung nasa unahan ng stoplight) or pag may bwiset na stainless jeep sa unahan ko.

Bwiset yung mga jeep, lagi sinasara yung mga headlight, lalo na yung mga sa Cogeo area nung napadaan ako dun isang gabi.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by axlarth
    sirs di ba kung traffic at madilim ay laging on ang headlights mo.. for me its just being courteous to the vehicle in front of you to put you lights to its dim mode then pag andar ng traffic be sure to turn it on.imho lang

If you are the first in line of the intersection it would be courteous enough to put your headlights in dim mode. But city driving doesn't require much on high beams. It is a case to case scenario, dim lit streets would need hi-beams. As well lighted and populated streets, dim light would be enough. :D

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    pag-matagal na yung traffic patayin na lang. kasi ma-strain eyes mo. pero kung sandali lang naman yung traffic, why bother?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    normal headlight bulbs are designed to go on and off rather quickly. it's part of their function (brights). but it might be a problem if you're using HID.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I turn off my lights pag naka stop. Filaments actually last longer when not in use. Diba? the whole principle of incandescent type bulbs is the slow burning of the filament in a vacuum. If its not on, it wont burn. :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    unless your headlights are aimed incorrectly, low beams will focus on the ground at about 15-20ft in front of the car... in stop and go traffic, the car in front of you is almost always within 10ft of you, your low beam will not exceed the height of the bumper... unless truck yung nasa likod mo or SUV.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Adv/Disadv of Turning off ur headlights pag naka-stop