New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Firstly, sorry if this is in the search, I had a look but couldn't find anything..

Anyway, how much roughly would it cost to get the low beams & fog lights HID'd? Preferably 6000k-8000k, either 35W or 50W.

Any recommended places to visit?

Also, what's a projector HID? - sorry n00b question

cheers

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    i advice you not to install HID. glare gallore yan, sa taas pa naman ng expe sigurado bulag ang kasalubong mo. marami lang magagalit sayo sa daan.

if you really want to install HID, buy those aftermarket projector headlights for expe, then with proper aiming, ok na yan.

but HID on foglights..

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzipino View Post
    Firstly, sorry if this is in the search, I had a look but couldn't find anything..

Anyway, how much roughly would it cost to get the low beams & fog lights HID'd? Preferably 6000k-8000k, either 35W or 50W.

Any recommended places to visit?

Also, what's a projector HID? - sorry n00b question

cheers
    9007 yan diba?

i think its 9.5k GE brand in some store in makati.

i think it would cost you around 15 for the pair.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    on your search sir, I'm sure you noticed most of us discourage HID on Halogens specialy on Fogs. but a seperate low beam might help. but still, please make it sure those light cannot reach the other incoming motorist's face... on city lights most people might forgive you on the glare, but on dark provincial road, it's a different story...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    on your search sir, I'm sure you noticed most of us discourage HID on Halogens specialy on Fogs. but a seperate low beam might help. but still, please make it sure those light cannot reach the other incoming motorist's face... on city lights most people might forgive you on the glare, but on dark provincial road, it's a different story...

kahit simpleng AWB nakaka storbo din bro.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    stick to halogen bulbs since your headlights were designed to run halogen bulbs and not HID bulbs.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Why not, HID would be nice if done properly. Put in mind that there is a transformer that puts out the correct amps for the bulb when ordering replacement bulbs must be same.

Now, on the color of your lights source (kilven)are very important. The higher the temperature (K) the bluer the light and the lower are redder. 5800 or 6000K (kilven) are the most ideal HID on the market, 6500K will do too just dont get higher than that cause its illegal, plus the "visibility" or "lumens" are not good. You may have the coolest lights on the block, but its very dangerous.

Oh!!! one more thing. Why do you need a fog light? I know that we have fog in the Phils once in awhile but they are not that heavy. Perhaps, driving lights will do.

2002 Ford Expedition HID Advice