New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Hi guys! Question lang. Yung car ko kasi 5 years to pay. 2nd year pa lang this year. I-aallow ba ako ng insurance na ipa-change color yung car?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    quick answer > call your insurance.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes they should. As long as ipa-change color mo din sa LTO, then submit the new OR to your insurance. Your insurance should honor any changes sa car mo as long as properly documented ito sa LTO.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    change of color, assuming you pay for it. yes the insurance will allow.

change color and cost to be shouldered by the insurance, probably not. unless this was caused by an accident involving all the panels

Sent from my Thrill 430x using Tapatalk 2

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Now I know. Thank you guys!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Yes Sir, the insurance company will allow it, but if yung new color ng car mo is medyo unique yung color or like matte, you have to declare it to the insurance company because it was considered as accessories to the car.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    change of color, assuming you pay for it. yes the insurance will allow.

change color and cost to be shouldered by the insurance, probably not. unless this was caused by an accident involving all the panels

No, the insurance will not allow it even if all the panels were damaged and needs repainting. Unless of course if the client will settle for cash settlement. Cost for repainting same color is different from cost of changing colors. You have to strip it to metal.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by derf8666 View Post
    No, the insurance will not allow it even if all the panels were damaged and needs repainting. Unless of course if the client will settle for cash settlement. Cost for repainting same color is different from cost of changing colors. You have to strip it to metal.
    err.. no. if all the panels were damaged due to an accident or in case of vandalism, insurance will pay up. happened once already with our office. changed color with a little prodding.

changing colors does not always mean strip to metal btw.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Youre right, it doesn't have to be stripped to metal, however it does provide the best quality for a repainting job, especially when changing colors. Its very rare that all panels will be damaged due to an accident and vandalism. If all panels were damaged due to accident, then most likely it would have been a total loss already and the insurance company will take possession of it. In my 20+ years in the industry, I have yet to encounter a real incident. Although I can recall once when a client intentionally vandalized all the panels, including the roof, just to have his car repainted. We allowed it but he was charged 4 deductibles, and it was for the same color. If ever he would request for a change color, we can do that too but only up to the extent of what it would have cost if it is repainted in the same color. Meaning he has to shoulder the difference. That is why if you noticed in my statement, I said it is allowed if you are willing to shoulder the extra cost. In your case, I think your office has a fleet account that could be why the insurance accommodated your request without any additional cost on your part. Fleet accounts and other valued clients can get away with a lot of stuff that ordinary clients usually can not, including not paying for deductibles, regular washovers, etc.