New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Hello, everyone. First-time poster here.

Just want to ask about total loss claims. Our car was recently deemed a "total wreck/total loss" by the insurance company since the estimated repair and labor costs went over the insured amount. Total nightmare since there's only 1 1/2 years to go before it's fully paid.

Now I have a few questions about claiming:

1. How long does it usually take for insurance companies to evaluate the car's fair market value?
    2. Once the estimate is finished, how long then will they be able to offer us a sum amount for the insure vehicle?
    3. What can we expect from the insurance company's offer? (We are afraid that they may lowball when it comes to the fair market value of the car but I hope it doesn't go that far.)

We're looking to get a new car before the excise tax law on cars take effect. We could use the money from the claim to pay for the downpayment but we're worried that it may take too long.

Apologies if this has been answered in different threads. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Stay safe on the road, everyone!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    After the assessment for market value, they will give you the initial offer. This will be low. You can choose to refuse and negotiate the amount based on your insurance coverage.

You mentioned car is not paid yet. So the proceeds from the insurance will be paid to your bank. Not to you. After the bank collects from the insurance and other charges they will charge, the leftover money will go to you. I dont think that will be substantial though.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    After the assessment for market value, they will give you the initial offer. This will be low. You can choose to refuse and negotiate the amount based on your insurance coverage.

You mentioned car is not paid yet. So the proceeds from the insurance will be paid to your bank. Not to you. After the bank collects from the insurance and other charges they will charge, the leftover money will go to you. I dont think that will be substantial though.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the reply! We are preparing ourselves for the worst scenario but still hopeful.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Hello everyone...any idea? Ito po ba ay total loss or for repair? Kung total loss what amount possible ko na makuha? 10minth old car palang sya..own damege..complete ko na requirement ko.kakapasa ko lang sa insurance Ng claim, last July 13, till now Wala pa updates... Malayan Insurance pala kinuha ko premium..how about sa medical expenses clain ano Ang requirements? Need your insights guys. How to attach photos here?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 19michele View Post
    Hello everyone...any idea? Ito po ba ay total loss or for repair? Kung total loss what amount possible ko na makuha? 10minth old car palang sya..own damege..complete ko na requirement ko.kakapasa ko lang sa insurance Ng claim, last July 13, till now Wala pa updates... Malayan Insurance pala kinuha ko premium..how about sa medical expenses clain ano Ang requirements? Need your insights guys. How to attach photos here?
    the site doesnt support pictures now. but you can use imgbb.com and use the bbcode option to show pics here. it takes a few months to get the insurance to process beyond-repair cases.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Total loss claim amount should be the insured value of the vehicle. Basta the insurance adjuster deemed the vehicle as total loss, wala ng tawaran yan. Yung deductible lang ang bawas.

For a 10 month old car, wala pang depreciation yan, makukuha mo pa ang full value of your car less the deductible.

Processing time will depend on your relationship with your insurer. Connection and palakasan din yan.
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    the site doesnt support pictures now. but you can use imgbb.com and use the bbcode option to show pics here. it takes a few months to get the insurance to process beyond-repair cases.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    IMG 21871 233948 — imgbb.com

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    IMG 21871 233948 — imgbb.com

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Parang maputik lang?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    IMG 218711 15148 HDR — imgbb.com
    IMG 218711 1515 HDR — imgbb.com
    IMG 218711 15221 HDR — imgbb.com
    IMG 218718 12213 — imgbb.com
    IMG21871174637 — imgbb.com
    https://ibb.co/jz6tjJ
    *StockEngine and boybi...eto po Yung photos..any idea it opinion regarding on this. Ano Kaya ito? For repair or total Loss? Gusto ko Sana total Loss para Wala na problem.
    *StockEngine, ginawa ko po pala Yung instructions mo, naka pag upload na po ako. Salamat. Appreciated.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
Total Loss Process - What to expect?