New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Hi....We are buying a 2nd hand SUV from a Used car dealer. What's the normal procedure in buying a 2nd hand car? The dealer/seller told us that it will only take 3 days to complete the needed papers thus we only gave a partial payment and will give the rest on day 3, after all the papers are completed. However, on the 3rd day we were informed that it may take additional 1 week to complete the papers due to as per recent phone call they have to go to BDO in the province for purposes that I don't know. Please advise what papers should I ask/get from the dealer and how would I know if the car is released from mortgage. bec. it might have been financed. Our deed of sale is bet. dealer and buyer but last registration is 2007 under the name of the first owner. Thank you very much.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Sorry sir, buhayin ko po to. Ano pong nangyari sa pagbili nyo? Same issue po kasi sakin ngayon. may orcr po sila na photocopy lang at nakapangalan sa iba. pero ang magiging deed of sale daw po ay between the dealer and me. Thank you.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by raycsreyes View Post
    Sorry sir, buhayin ko po to. Ano pong nangyari sa pagbili nyo? Same issue po kasi sakin ngayon. may orcr po sila na photocopy lang at nakapangalan sa iba. pero ang magiging deed of sale daw po ay between the dealer and me. Thank you.
    the owner whose name is on that CR, should make an affidavit that he can not find the original CR.
    otherwise, you may have great difficulty in transfering that car, to your name.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Sorry incomplete info. Dealer's photocopy of the ORCR is under "TFSPH lease to <name>". Ang parang nabili po ni used car dealer dun.

What papers should I need to ask/get from a used car dealer