New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Hi Sirs,

Hingi ako payo sa inyo...

Naaksidente un car ko at ako ang victim party sa accident, third party. Dahil sa severe damages ng car ko, un insurance ng nakabangga sa akin declared total loss for my car and nag offer ng very low amount ng cash settlement or restore un unit using their prefer shop.

My question:
    1. Any advice kung paano ko idedemanda ang insurance company?
    2. Paano ko ma-insist un fair offer sa insurance since ako binangga? Gusto ko sa casa ipagawa para sure pa rin ang condition ng sasakyan ko.

any input is a great help. thanks.

richard

2. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by richardmonde View Post
    Hi Sirs,

Naaksidente un car ko at ako ang victim party sa accident, third party. Dahil sa severe damages ng car ko, un insurance ng nakabangga sa akin declared total loss for my car and nag offer ng very low amount ng cash settlement or restore un unit using their prefer shop.

My question:
    2. Paano ko ma-insist un fair offer sa insurance since ako binangga? Gusto ko sa casa ipagawa para sure pa rin ang condition ng sasakyan ko.

richard
    What's the difference in their offer and current market value ng car mo? Look for similar crs for sale and show that your car should be comparable value to that posted for sale one.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Anu ibig ng "total loss" sa insurance? Repair lang katapat nito?

Isa pa, bakit yung insurance ng nakabangga ang idedemanda mo? Bakit hindi yung nakabangga? Yung nakabangga ang kausapin mo tapos siya na dapat bahal sa insurance niya.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. What is your car? (year model, mileage and condition prior to the accident)
    2. What is the value of your car with your own insurance and on the second hand market?
    3. How much is the insurance company of the other party offering you?
    4. How severe is the damage? (engine, chassis or suspension is badly affected?)

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    You can't expect a market value offer from the insurance company. More or less salvage value plus a little more.

If you can't accept the offer and rather have it repaired, cash settlement is the answer. On the other hand, pwede mo hiritan yung nakabangga sayo na siya na lang personally magdagdag ng money to satisfy the value. Medyo magulo yan since mahirap yung situation na walang control. Pwede mo naman Dalin to court if it does not satisfy the compensation cost.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    file a criminal case against the driver sir...

reckless imprudence resulting to damage to property is criminal in nature....

Civil aspect lang yung damage to property na sagot ng insurance.

maybe that way, ma compel mo driver to tell his insurance to pay the right amount...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    unacceptable is relative...ano year, made and model ng car mo, damages ng kotse mo...then how much offer ng insurance for total loss...para malaman namin kung totoong unacceptable yun offer...

we will never know kung low ball ka nga...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by richardmonde View Post
    Hi Sirs,

My question:

richard

The total-loss claim value should be based on the book value of the car. So what is your car/model and what year was it bought?

What is the offered value by the insurance? ... anyway, you can negotiate with them and demand the fair market value be offered to you.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    both you and the insurance company can meet halfway....I'm sure what you think is your car's worth is overprice while the insurance company is offering you is below fair market value...so meet halfway...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    di ba pwedeng gamitin yung insured value sa insurance ni TS
    para gawing basis nung value nung unit?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast