New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Hi, is it safe to send a photo of managers check? I apologize for the newbie question. Thanks

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb View Post
    Hi, is it safe to send a photo of managers check? I apologize for the newbie question. Thanks
    As long as you know the person you're sending out to, I can't think of any reason why it's not.

You sending it to your car sales agent? That's their way of expediting your papers in the absence of the actual check.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by i.am.aids View Post
    As long as you know the person you're sending out to, I can't think of any reason why it's not.

You sending it to your car sales agent? That's their way of expediting your papers in the absence of the actual check.

Yes Sir, I'm sending it to my Car Sales Agent, however, the Managers Check is named after the Dealer and not the Agent. Safe to send a photo of the check?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Yes Sir, I'm sending it to my Car Sales Agent, however, the Managers Check is named after the Dealer and not the Agent. Safe to send a photo of the check?
    in my opinion, it is the other side that is the one taking a chance on this. rushing paperwork on the basis of a picture...
    MCs can be faked, especially if it is only a picture of.
    but if the car agents are willing to take the chance...

but... why do it at all? someone must be desperate.. quotas, etc..?
    Last edited by dr. d; June 25th, 2016 at 07:38 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    in my opinion, it is the other side that is the one taking a chance on this. rushing paperwork on the basis of a picture...

Sales agents and dealers do that all the time. Besides the check is always named and payable to the dealership not the agent so its still safe. And in my case, the 2x I did it, the leadtime (time between emailing and the time I arrive to collect the car) is only 2 hours at most.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2014

Actually, the agent was referred by a fellow tsikot member (romsky26), was able to get 50k discount, free LTO and basic freebies. The unit that was put on hold for me was released to another client (maybe because it took my bank application 1 week to get an approval). I was told that they have to get another unit from the Plant for me, maybe thats the reason why they asked me to send a photo of the MC, to rush things like getting the car from the plant. The only reason I created the thread was to make sure that sending a photo of MC is safe (and if its normal for agents/dealers to ask for them).

I think I still need to brush up my negotiating skills as I wasn't able to get a free 3M/vkool tint :P Late ko na din kasi nalaman yun eh nakapag apply na ako sa bank, excited na rin si wife lol. :P

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    on the assumption that the picture falls into the wrong hands and is faked, it will still be encashed. so the bank would still have to validate it.
    i think it is safe. just dont post it sa social media.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Actually, the agent was referred by a fellow tsikot member (romsky26), was able to get 50k discount, free LTO and basic freebies. The unit that was put on hold for me was released to another client (maybe because it took my bank application 1 week to get an approval). I was told that they have to get another unit from the Plant for me, maybe thats the reason why they asked me to send a photo of the MC, to rush things like getting the car from the plant. The only reason I created the thread was to make sure that sending a photo of MC is safe (and if its normal for agents/dealers to ask for them).

I think I still need to brush up my negotiating skills as I wasn't able to get a free 3M/vkool tint :P Late ko na din kasi nalaman yun eh nakapag apply na ako sa bank, excited na rin si wife lol. :P
    in that case, my opinion is, yespo, it is safe to send him a picture of your cheque. for whatever benefits it may give you.
    no money will exchange hands on the basis of that picture.
    heh heh.

you got a 50K discount! what car is that, if i may ask?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    in that case, my opinion is, yespo, it is safe to send him a picture of your cheque. for whatever benefits it may give you.
    no money will exchange hands on the basis of that picture.
    heh heh.

you got a 50K discount! what car is that, if i may ask?

Corolla Altis Sir Thank you for assuring me. First time buyer kasi haha.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Corolla Altis Sir Thank you for assuring me. First time buyer kasi haha.
    saang branch, po? pm me if privacy is advised.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast