New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    hi, gusto ko sana mag-inquire sa mga me experience na regarding this scenario:

I have a car registered under my name, it's not encumbered and it doesn't have any car insurance at all except the regular LTO TPL. I have all the complete and legal papers on hand.

Now the thing is... what if I die today, and months or years later my wife/children decided to sell the car, ano yung mga requirement na kelangan nila gawin para maging legal ang pagbenta nila at hindi magka-problema yung buyer? need pa ba ng abogado pag ganun? or better yet mag execute na ako ng Deed of sale with my signature, with blank date, blank amount, and blank name ng seller para fill-up na lang nila just in case decided na sila ibenta?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    This is so morbid...

I would suppose open deed of sale for the least amount of hassle.

Back date the sale from before your "death" if the buyer is very particular with details.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    I see a few ways going around this one.

1.) Open deed of sale with blank everything except your signature.
    2.) Closed deed of sale addressed to your wife or beneficiary (effectively transferring the ownership of the car to whoever might facilitate the sale in the event of your "death")
    3.) Execute a special power of attorney empowering the person who will do the sale.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Hindi ba automatic na malilipat ang ownership at karapatan sa wife upon death or attached the DC on deed of sale.
    Now, I need JM legal advise on this 😄

sent from Nokia 3210i

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentis View Post
    Hindi ba automatic na malilipat ang ownership at karapatan sa wife upon death or attached the DC on deed of sale.
    Now, I need JM legal advise on this 😄

sent from Nokia 3210i
    AFAIK vehicles are included in the estate.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Under family code of the Philippines, Title IV Chapter 4 section 3, Its a conjugal partnership property. Article 116 All property acquired during the marriage, whether the acquisition appears to have been made, contracted or registered in the name of one or both spouses, is presumed to be conjugal unless the contrary is proved. Sa tingin ko walang magiging problema.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    It becomes part of the estate pa rin. Hindi naman pag namatay automatic transferred na lahat sa spouse. There is still a legal process.

This is from my experience in our family and from working in a bank. Nakakaawa mga spouse sa dami ng requirements.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by _Cathy_; April 5th, 2016 at 04:15 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    It becomes part of the estate pa rin. Hindi naman pag namatay automatic transferred na lahat sa spouse. There is still a legal process.

This is from my experience in our family and from working in a bank. Nakakaawa mga spouse sa dami ng requirements.

Yes I agree. Meron pa rin mga legal na proseso. Hindi naman automtic yon.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post

Interested ako dito, pwede mo ba ikwento Cathy kung bakit? Kasi kung titignan mo ang BIR rule on estate tax parang di naman ganun kahirap. Maybe in a new thread para di mag OT dito and others can weigh in.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Dadaan yan sa extra judicial like what happend to my dad, kasama yan sa conjugal property.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast