New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    If I can offer my two cents worth, my take on this is... Buy a car if you can afford the following
    1) Monthly payments
    2) The gas to feed it
    3) Annual insurance
    4) The maintenance to keep it running (casa PMS)
    5) Still enough funds to maintain your lifestyle before you bought the car.

uls is right, if all or most of your money is spent making car payments, that is wrong. Also, one should keep in mind that when you buy a brand new car, you should never think about 'nakakatipid ka' with your new car... Because hindi ka nakakatipid nun. My thinking when I bought my car is to enjoy it. To make my life easier. To have peace of mind whenever we travel. I believe that is the biggest justification you can put when thinking about buying a new car.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    10% of net worth? So to have an Alto, you have to have 4M in Net Worth?!

Probably in the long, I guess? So if you have an Alto, work your way to 4M first before buying another car?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    If you can afford it and if it will make you happy!

When I got too tired of working for 5 years and wala man lang sariling property. I was choosing between house/lot or a car. Kaso I cannot afford the ammortization for a house/lot so I ended up buying a new car. Medyo nag negative balance ako due to skyrocketing gas prices and mahal na parking fees. So the car ended up in my parent's house in the province 50% of the time... Sabi nga ng mom ko, parang may pinapaaral ka ng college if you buy a car. Other says its just like having a baby.

Good thing is it forced me to look for higher income so I ended up moving to a different company. Ngayon, parang mag nenegative balance na ulit. :P

Sabi nga, paglakas ng income, lalakas din ang loob sa pag gastos!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    can we put figures?

If you have a net income of 50K/month, is 17k MA affordable?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    slapz, mahirap i-draw yung line about the when and when-not-to's ng pag bili ng bagong kotse. It's all a matter of preference, priorities, and the buying power. Some people go for a big house and they can live with an old second hand, smokey pickup truck. Some people don't own a house but they own a brand new car. Depende lang talaga sa priorities. Whichever makes you happier...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    One of the reasons why I think I 'need' a brand new car is I got a 10 month old, and one on the way. Scary having the two in a Kia Pride, right?
    OT:
    If that Kia Pride is well maintained, cool comfy aircon, and runs like a fine watch ... why not?
    I own cars that are maybe "older" than some people in here, but in terms of reliabilty and comfort, they can shame newer cars!

BTT:
    You got a kid and another one on the way, least you can do is hunt for a decent and well maintained second hand vehicle. I would'nt want my kids riding public transport neither. Real world scenario, with hospital bills coming, plus the cost of milk, diapers, nannies, etc ... you would be needing that cash.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    well there are multimillionaires who won't buy anything more expensive than a camry

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vefyjeph View Post
    If you can afford it and if it will make you happy!

When I got too tired of working for 5 years and wala man lang sariling property. I was choosing between house/lot or a car. Kaso I cannot afford the ammortization for a house/lot so I ended up buying a new car. Medyo nag negative balance ako due to skyrocketing gas prices and mahal na parking fees. So the car ended up in my parent's house in the province 50% of the time... Sabi nga ng mom ko, parang may pinapaaral ka ng college if you buy a car. Other says its just like having a baby.

Good thing is it forced me to look for higher income so I ended up moving to a different company. Ngayon, parang mag nenegative balance na ulit. :P

Sabi nga, paglakas ng income, lalakas din ang loob sa pag gastos!
    Bakit nga ba ganun ang buhay no? :D The higher the income, the higher the expenses. OT na hehehehe

9. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    the one I am deciding to buy is on the Car Comparisons thread, Budget Crossovers/CUV.. I like the Haima7. Ahaha!

One of the reasons why I think I 'need' a brand new car is I got a 10 month old, and one on the way. Scary having the two in a Kia Pride, right?
    My brother drives a kia pride with 2 kids... And another 1 in coming in a few weeks time... Lakas ng loob ano? hehehe. But he is looking to upgrade to a Van para may additional space and business na rin.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    well there are multimillionaires who won't buy anything more expensive than a camry
    Agree... And there are upper middle class people who drive expensive SUVs but live in town houses.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
The Right Time to Buy a Brand New Car