New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Our family has gotten a new Toyota 2016 Hilux via an auto-loan with free insurance from Metrobank during their promo period and am I correct to believe that this is the comprehensive one? or what type of insurance is it? still waiting for our copy of papers and contracts from them so we have no idea. We are just recently in the process of claiming damages done to the car by a small rock on a highway (complete replacement of windshield due to a crack). Now during the process we have gotten two scratches.

(1.) One I know is from a motorcycle (during traffic with heavy rain many motorcycles were passing by me) and I sure didn't hit anything but due to the noisy rain and my noisy cabin music I did not notice anything the (2.) other one is because of my inexperience of driving trucks. My experience of driving goes a few years back driving sedans and coupe for relatives in manual and auto but never driven truck before.

The all new Hilux however is the widest, tallest and longest of all the pick-up trucks available in the Philippine market and the dilemma here was I took a narrow shortcut somewhere in Cavite after a holiday trip and there were a lot of on going constructions. So I had to choose to stick close to the center island or risk falling into the deep ditch and Lo and behold the center island got me :/ now I will never use risk shortcuts and will prefer traffic.

With that being said of the 2 scenarios where I got the scratches which of them can I claim damages, can I claim both or none? It's a new truck and the scratch remover spray I got from the hardware store can only remove the minor ones (we've had minor ones but they go away with this) but although these scratches are not that deep it has penetrated quite a bit proving the scratch remover solution ineffective.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    If your insurance is comprehensive, then you can claim for all of the damages, there is usually no limit to the number of claims unless the nature of damage is the same. However, you will be shouldering a participation for every event. Good if you can paint a situation where both damages were incurred in 1 event. The windshield is already one event since it's in process already.

The other issue would be the cost of the participation vs cost of having it repainted outside, for new cars and with scratches, having it done outside usually costs less than the participation fee. It will also take lesser time to fix.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    If your insurance is comprehensive, then you can claim for all of the damages, there is usually no limit to the number of claims unless the nature of damage is the same. However, you will be shouldering a participation for every event. Good if you can paint a situation where both damages were incurred in 1 event. The windshield is already one event since it's in process already.

The other issue would be the cost of the participation vs cost of having it repainted outside, for new cars and with scratches, having it done outside usually costs less than the participation fee. It will also take lesser time to fix.
    Thanks for the advice, I will go check around and find a paint shop that has experience with Toyota trucks. I don't want to deal with the insurance process of taking up weeks again hehehe and the participation fee is also expensive abit due to outside insurance compared to inhouse insurance.