New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by motoro
    another question, is this true:

since the offending party has only TPL, and let's say i claimed it sa insurance ko and let him pay deductible instead na ako, will my insurance still go after him? my agent was telling my bro that kahit na pinabayad ko lang ng participation ay hahabulin pa rin nila yung tao. totoo ba ito o nagpapatawa lang yung agent ko?

thanks.
    This is true. Dapat lang na habulin sila ng insurance company or the aggrieved party, kung walang insurance, para next time mag-ingat sila ng husto to avoid accidents.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni
    This is true. Dapat lang na habulin sila ng insurance company or the aggrieved party, kung walang insurance, para next time mag-ingat sila ng husto to avoid accidents.
    OT: sir j_avonni

in my case naman po pano po yun?!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by baurtwellXUV
    OT: sir j_avonni

in my case naman po pano po yun?!
    In your case, you should pursue your claim against the owner of the truck since the insurance company is already delaying your claim and has no intention of paying your claim - per your story. The truck owner should be the one pressing the insurance company to pay your repair costs, since they are the insured.

If no positive actions yet, here are your options:

1. File a complaint against the truck owner and driver in court.
    2. File a complaint against the insurance company in Insurance Commission.

Meantime, if you have the means to shoulder the repair costs, have your car repaired first.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    matagal ba ang decision ng court? some friends say that if the damage is not that bad, do not any more burden yourself in chasing the other party.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    nakausap ko yung namamahala sa mga trucks ng company na nakabangga sa akin. ang dinidiin niya sa akin ay ang driver dapat habulin ko at hindi sila dahil ang driver yung may kasalanan at yung driver rin ang nakapirma sa police report. tpl lang insurance ng auto nila and whenever their driver was involved in collision yung driver daw pinapabayad. tama bang argument ito?

i told him na, we both know the driver can't pay and the company have some liabilities rin and the truck belongs to the company.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by motoro
    nakausap ko yung namamahala sa mga trucks ng company na nakabangga sa akin. ang dinidiin niya sa akin ay ang driver dapat habulin ko at hindi sila dahil ang driver yung may kasalanan at yung driver rin ang nakapirma sa police report. tpl lang insurance ng auto nila and whenever their driver was involved in collision yung driver daw pinapabayad. tama bang argument ito?

i told him na, we both know the driver can't pay and the company have some liabilities rin and the truck belongs to the company.
    parang meron na atang thread dito nyan, you can file a "civil case" against the truck owner, kahit paano eh meron sila responsibilidad..

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by revoGSX
    parang meron na atang thread dito nyan, you can file a "civil case" against the truck owner, kahit paano eh meron sila responsibilidad..
    Hindi lang "kahit paano", sila ang principal liable being the owner. Also, they are also liable for the actions of their employees. So the respondent should be the registered owner.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    ok. just this morning i got involved in a minor collission with a Toyota Vios 2003, 1.5 G. my problem is, i wonder if my TPL (which was compulsary) would be ok, since i'm paying cash for "participation fee". actually, it was agreed that i would pay, since the vehicle i'm driving is no longer covered by an insurance except from those so-called TPL.

the reason behind why it wasn't 'insured' by a comprehensive insurance because the vehicle is 10 year old already.

i wonder if those so-called TPL which you have to pay at the time of the registration could be legitimate, that in any event of collision could i use it not to claim but to show to the Traffic Bureau? will this be valid?

from the talks i had with mazda, normally, 1% of the insurance coverage should shouldered by the owner, or in my case, me. i wonder kung tataas pa ba yun kasi may bangga yung Vios at sabi nung driver e naka-claim na daw sa insurance yun, pero ba't hindi pa pinagawa i don't know.

hinihintay ko lang lumabas yung police report. pakiramdam ko, hindi favorable sa akin.

i still doubt if i did the right thing. i agreed to shoulder the cost of participation fee, but i didn't considered myself at fault since at the time of the incident, the vehicle i'm in was at rest. i even had the handbrakes on...

need your opinion so badly. i'm going nuts because i wanted to keep the costs down. saka para hindi ako maloko nung kabilang party.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni
    anong insurance kaya ito?

mangyayari kaya sa akin ito? kasi i'm planing to draft a waiver releasing me from any liabilities whatsover, once i paid the participation fee.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    question related to claiming insurance. If I opted for cash settlement tapos ang estimate was to replace front bumper, pwede ko ba paayos lang yung old bumper ko? or get a surplus? may magagawa ba ang insurance dito? around 40% depriciation din daw babayaran ko pag pinagawa ko kasi kaya malaki laki din babayaran ko.

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
questions on claiming insurance