New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    May I know what will happen if i dont renew my insurance? Im using malayan insurance but wasnt able to renew last 2014. My last payment was 4k. Does it mean i have to pay 8k if im going to renew this 2016? And if ever i dont pay are they not going to pay if ever my car gets damaged?

Car is 1996 corolla gli

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    afaik, car insurance is compulsary in registering your car with the LTO... you can always get car insurance from any LTO accredited insurance companies hindi ka nakatali sa insurance company mo, just tell them that you're not renewing your insurance with them, hth

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    May I know what will happen if i dont renew my insurance? Im using malayan insurance but wasnt able to renew last 2014. My last payment was 4k. Does it mean i have to pay 8k if im going to renew this 2016? And if ever i dont pay are they not going to pay if ever my car gets damaged?

Car is 1996 corolla gli
    only the Third Party Liability (TPL) insurance is required for LTO registration. this costs less than a thousand bucks.
    the compulsory insurance that costs much more, is optional.

if you did not pay the 2014 insurance, and the insurance company did not issue you any insurance contract that year, it only means that your car was not insured for that year.
    but if your insurance company issued you an insurance contract, then you are duty-bound to pay them, sir. let's be honest.

the LTO can not dictate how you settle your insurance premium issues with your insurer.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 8th, 2016 at 08:14 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post

Car is 1996 corolla gli
    P4,000 insurance for a 1996 common vehicle is kinda steep, what kind of insurance coverage are you having for that?