New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    So here are some pictures of the accident's. My friend is driving the L300 and had a minor accident with the KIA car as shown in the pic, based on the police reports they are at fault. Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Now it's been 2 months since both our insurance are processing this issue. First our L300 is insured in FPG, and we are insured only for the amount of 200K.
    And there's one alarming thing we noticed. They seem to be overpricing those Headlights as shown on the KIA.

Here's the total estimate that was given to us by the owner of the KIA. Imgur: The magic of the Internet
    The first estimate was only shown to be 37K . The revised one blew up to 340K.
    Another shop where they got another estimate. Imgur: The magic of the Internet

The only thing that's funny with this Street Smart is that they also did overprice this headlights.
    If we bought these parts outside of insurance I truly believe we won't even go over 50K or less because I've also checked their accessories prices and those OEM headlights.

Our problem is , since we are only maxed out to 200K and the total estimate repair is 340K we will need to shoulder that 140K and we're trying not to make that happen.
    It also seems like FPG insurance is trying to add the total cost of the repair to get their money back for all these repairs that's going to cost them.

What are your thoughts?, would love to have an advice with some people who work or had any insurance experiences with their cars.
    Our other solution is to have the repair done by us instead of trying to get it into an insurance.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    One issue that was mentioned by my friend is it might be possible the KIA owner might take a legal action to my friend (the driver of the L300) . One option they are trying to do is talk to the KIA owner and they'll fix the issue and repair themselves (buying the parts without the insurance).

His boss also mentioned if they don't agree with this setup, their boss won't sign the papers and pay those excess 140K. And one issue that might be done is for the KIA owner to take legal action with the L300's driver. I'm not sure how true this is though, I don't think you can get jailed over something like this. But that's what they've told me.

My friend and his boss aren't really willing to shoulder that 140K because that's just silly. I'm not also sure what to do with those situation, its just that it seems these insurance and KIA guys are trying to scam them some more money and trying to milk them with this issues.

Also the funny thing is KIA driver is frustrated cause he can't use the car for two months. (yea with those minor bumper issues and headlight it seems they can't use it as if it was totaled lmao)

here's a screenshot of their convo: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

3. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Nabangga ang suzuki ertiga ko while naka stop (last April 12, 2018), bale na sandwich cya sa avanza na nasa unahan at saka nung naka bangga na Hi Ace. Wasak ang harapan at likuran ng sasakayan ko. Sa kasamaang palad na lapsed na pala ang comprehensive insurance ng car. Tinry kong i renew ang insurance ko on that day, pero na deny pa rin. Ang problema ngayon, umabot ng 393k ang repair estimate from casa, tapos ang driver na at fault ay walang pambayad. Ang registered owner ng Hi-ace isang OFW, tapos wla daw cya magagawa kasi di daw nya inutusan na mag drive ang driver nya who is bayaw din nya. Ngayon namomroblema na ako kung saan ako kukuha ng 393k para maayos ang sasakyan. May laban ba ako nito since cla na man ang at fault? Hindi na ako makatulog, plano na lang akong ipahatak ang sasakyan ko ng bank, kaso may damage naman. Please need some advice.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by queenamber97 View Post
    Nabangga ang suzuki ertiga ko while naka stop (last April 12, 2018), bale na sandwich cya sa avanza na nasa unahan at saka nung naka bangga na Hi Ace. Wasak ang harapan at likuran ng sasakayan ko. Sa kasamaang palad na lapsed na pala ang comprehensive insurance ng car. Tinry kong i renew ang insurance ko on that day, pero na deny pa rin. Ang problema ngayon, umabot ng 393k ang repair estimate from casa, tapos ang driver na at fault ay walang pambayad. Ang registered owner ng Hi-ace isang OFW, tapos wla daw cya magagawa kasi di daw nya inutusan na mag drive ang driver nya who is bayaw din nya. Ngayon namomroblema na ako kung saan ako kukuha ng 393k para maayos ang sasakyan. May laban ba ako nito since cla na man ang at fault? Hindi na ako makatulog, plano na alng akong ipahatak ang sasakyan ko nga bank, kaso may damage naman. Please need some advice.
    Liable to pay either yung owner or driver ng HiAce. Check to see with police din ano next steps.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Liable to pay either yung owner or driver ng HiAce. Check to see with police din ano next steps.
    Nagtuturuan na ang owner at ang driver. Naghuhugas kamay na sila. Dalawa pa naman kaming biktima dito ang avanza at saka ang ertiga ko. Sakit sa ulo, parang ako na nga ang na perwisyo, kami pa pabalik2 sa lugar ng driver para makausap cya. Imagine from talisay, cebu to Pinamungajan (3 hrs ang travel). Hirap din ako makausap ang may-ari kasi nasa dubai, thru messenger lang. Sabi ng pulis, punta daw kami sa barangay para kumuha ng certificate to file action. Parang gusto ko ng mag give up. Hindi na ako makatulog. Gusto ko ng i voluntarily surrender ang sasakyan, kaso may sira.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Nagtuturuan na ang owner at ang driver. Naghuhugas kamay na sila. Dalawa pa naman kaming biktima dito ang avanza at saka ang ertiga ko. Sakit sa ulo, parang ako na nga ang na perwisyo, kami pa pabalik2 sa lugar ng driver para makausap cya. Imagine from talisay, cebu to Pinamungajan (3 hrs ang travel). Hirap din ako makausap ang may-ari kasi nasa dubai, thru messenger lang. Sabi nga pulis, punta daw kami sa barangay para kumuha ng certificate to file action. Parang gusto ko ng mag give up. Hindi na ako makatulog. Gusto ko ng i voluntarily surrender ang sasakyan, kaso may sira.
    Check with the police who is to be held liable. I hope may police report ka.

Threaten to file a case.
    Last edited by mda; April 30th, 2018 at 12:20 AM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Check with the police who is to be held liable. I hope may police report ka.

Threaten to file a case.
    May pulis report kami, kumpleto kami sa ebidencya. Feel ko kompyansa ang owner kasi wala cya dito. Kaya parang balewala lang sa kanya. At ang driver naman, since nakausap ko na daw ang may-ari, feel nya wla na cyang pananagutan. Kahit daw patayin cya, wala kaming makukuha sa kanya.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    May pulis report kami, kumpleto kami sa ebidencya. Feel ko kompyansa ang owner kasi wala cya dito. Kaya paran balewala lang sa kanya.
    Importante rito... who is legally liable. Siya habulin mo.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Importante rito... who is legally liable. Siya habulin mo.
    Alam ko ang owner ang liable nito. Kaso hirap kaming makipag communicate sa kanya kasi nasa Dubai.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Alam ko ang owner ang liable nito. Kaso hirap kaming makipag communicate sa kanya kasi nasa Dubai.
    If may pending case yung car mahihirapan siya to register the next year... again, check with the police/LTO/HPG/whoever on what your options are.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast