New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2013
    Hi my dad died 1 year palang ng 5 year loan namin. We opted to continue payments para wala na problema. Paid na yun loan. Problem we have to get the original CR. The bank said judicial settlement and affidavit of publication. Problema kasi namin may mga utang un father ko sa ibang banks. Eh baka maghabol sa kotse. We paid un utang niya sa BPI (where the car was loaned) para di kunin din. Wala kasi co maker, waived nun manager nuon.

If anyone can help. Please.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedp5 View Post
    Hi my dad died 1 year palang ng 5 year loan namin. We opted to continue payments para wala na problema. Paid na yun loan. Problem we have to get the original CR. The bank said judicial settlement and affidavit of publication. Problema kasi namin may mga utang un father ko sa ibang banks. Eh baka maghabol sa kotse. We paid un utang niya sa BPI (where the car was loaned) para di kunin din. Wala kasi co maker, waived nun manager nuon.

No experience with this but how about your mom? Most likely pwede if legally married and binili yun sasakyan after ng marriage.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015

you have to bite the bullet: creditors are not precluded to go after the estate of your father. in the mean time that his creditors are yet to sue the estate, you're better off following the bank's advice. who knows they (the creditors) might lose interest to go after that car if it's already in your or any of the heir's name. but the proverbial sword of damocles hanging over your head will still be there ready to fall.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2019

Same situation here. We got a car from Toyota financed by BDO for a five year contract named after my dad and my mom signed as a co-maker. A year after my dad died but we still continued to pay for it since my mom didn't want any bad record under her name. However, after paying off the car loan, BDO denies issuance of the car's OR CR because of my dad's outstanding credit card balance with BDO. Is this legal? Can they not issue a car's OR CR once it is paid off? Is our asset tied with my dad's credit card balance? Thanks in advance.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyhey View Post
    Same situation here. We got a car from Toyota financed by BDO for a five year contract named after my dad and my mom signed as a co-maker. A year after my dad died but we still continued to pay for it since my mom didn't want any bad record under her name. However, after paying off the car loan, BDO denies issuance of the car's OR CR because of my dad's outstanding credit card balance with BDO. Is this legal? Can they not issue a car's OR CR once it is paid off? Is our asset tied with my dad's credit card balance? Thanks in advance.
    Yes. They can deny releasing the or/cr if your dad has outstanding cc balance. Happened to me. I stopped using the cc because i had another one issued by a bigger bank. I paid all the balance but i did not surrender the card. I also did not paid attention to the renewal notices. After 3 years syempre may 3 renewal fees na. I sold the car and when tue buyer went to collect the or/cr the bank denied releasing it due to the unpaid cc balance. I had to go to the bank's collection department to reduce the balance due, basically no interest na lang. Only then did the bank released the or/cr to the buyer.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tama si yebo since isang bank lang yan, alam ko nasa contract yan na lahat ng outstanding balance dapat mabayaran or they will not released wahtewvr loan natapos mo na

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Tama si yebo since isang bank lang yan, alam ko nasa contract yan na lahat ng outstanding balance dapat mabayaran or they will not released wahtewvr loan natapos mo na

Tawag dyan set-off. Kung wala na funds sa bank, wala sila ma-set-off so need talaga bayaran.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Sa post ni OP deceased na yung principal borrower (dad niya)

Si Yebo ay alive and kicking pa hehe

Kahit deads na need pa din i-fully pay yung credit card balance?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Pero kung buhay pa naman yung may-ari ng CC at nakakapaghulog pa naman, hindi naman magiging issue ang cc balance, tama ba? Na-alarm ako kasi patapos na car loan ko pero malaki pa balanse ko sa CC ng same bank.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Now is the time to consult a lawyer.

Hindi naman pwede pabayad sa next of kin ang utang ng credit card (or any utang for that matter) although banks will attempt. Critical dito yung nainform ba ang bank na deceased na yung nagloan?

Have a lawyer friend or relative look at the documents to know what your legal standing is.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast