New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    according to your second hand story the drunk truck driver was wrong(no idea about the police report) file a claim against the owner of the truck talk to the police officer not to release the truck.

that will solve your insurance problem.

next time huwag magtipid if your in a financial difficulties sell your sorento and stick to one vehicle

edited for dr.d

ikaw may ari ng sorento ay mali

since it's a van for rent and your uncle is driving you should have been paying the insurance from the very start!

dapat ikaw ang managot sa paghospital ng mga nagrent ng van mo and dapat kasuhan ka since your plate is a private vehicle and not a for public(kahit ang may mali ay drunk truck driver- solution is reimbursement but ikaw at ikaw lang ang dapat managot sa pasahero mo- good father of a family rule)

pusta ako wala ka pang cpc certificate(kahit small or meduim size ang rent a van business mo ay kailangan mo niyan)

under transpo law you are already considered a public vehicle since you give your transpo services to the public for a fee!

AGAIN LAKAS NG LOOB MO MAG 2 SASAKYAN PERO SA PANG BUSINESS NA RENT A VAN DI MO MAN NILAGYAN NG INSURANCE DAPAT KASUHAN KA!!
    Last edited by victorevolution; February 6th, 2014 at 11:51 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    according to your second hand story the drunk truck driver was wrong(no idea about the police report) file a claim against the owner of the truck talk to the police officer not to release the truck.

that will solve your insurance problem.

next time huwag magtipid if your in a financial difficulties sell your sorento and stick to one vehicle
    i wish i knew why he has two vehicles, before i can castigate him for having two vehicles..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i wish i knew why he has two vehicles, before i can castigate him for having two vehicles..
    ILLEGAL RENT A VAN BUSINESS there you go

as evidence by the private license plate no.
    Last edited by victorevolution; February 6th, 2014 at 11:57 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Covered ka pa din. Just pay the whole premium amount. Not just the scheduled partial payment. Atleast that's how it goes with my insurer. Standard insurance. Installment, then if you have claim you have to settle the whole amount for your claim to progress.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ILLEGAL RENT A VAN BUSINESS there you go
    yikes! the van that got bulldogged (flat snout)...
    now this is getting more interesting..
    Last edited by dr. d; February 6th, 2014 at 12:00 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Covered ka pa din. Just pay the whole premium amount. Not just the scheduled partial payment. Atleast that's how it goes with my insurer. Standard insurance. Installment, then if you have claim you have to settle the whole amount for your claim to progress.

depends meron fine print na dapat di pwedeng gawin rent a van or kung gawin man ay alam dapat ng insurer which would begot a higher premium

in his case nada but meron naman miracle

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    depends meron fine print na dapat di pwedeng gawin rent a van or kung gawin man ay alam dapat ng insurer which would begot a higher premium

in his case nada but meron naman miracle
    Brasohan na lang yan sa ahente.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Update the payments pronto. Also read the fine print as if the insurance learns the van was used "for hire", there might be basis for refusal if it's stated that the vehicle is for private use.

Actually, a lot of the "For Hire" private vehicles i've encountered before were always driven by relatives of the owners who are Pinoys based abroad.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    The way I see it he has to pay for his arrears in order to get his claim. The assumption of coverage is only effective with the updated payment therefore if the insurance company gave him a good deal to pay in installment as long as he makes good with his monthly payments he's ok. Now, thinking along the purpose of term payments, the insurance company understands the difficulty of people updating their payments so they also open doors for settlement so as not to compromise the insurers coverage as along as it isn't that delayed w/c in my opinion, one quarter is not that bad at all. If I were in your shoes I'd pay the arrears right away to avoid taking the big chunk of the repairs and passenger liability expenses while time is still on your side. You are still ok in terms of coverage but for sure the Insurance company will ask you to update your installments so they can process your claim. Think of it this way, 11k++ is a lot cheaper than God knows how much it will end up to.

Side Note:

I agree with "victorevolution" that once you decide to use your vehicle for public conveyance then you immediately assume liabilities until the offending party has made reparations. If you don't have proper permits to transport passengers as a business then this will compound your problems altogether. Avoid using the term "van for rent" in making your claim statement. I'm sure that like most of us the lure of extra income is irresistible but remember once you involve people in the mix then you should be prepared for other claims not just vehicle repairs. Be responsible and have your documentations in order so that when things like this happen you will always have the confidence to make any claim whatsoever. Good Luck!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tingin ko ha?

siguro dapat muna maging current or inforce muna yung insurance policy mo. since nakainstallment ka, hindi pa sya considered as current eh (coming from my insurance background).... nagiging current lang kasi kung fully paid ang annual policy.

pero onti na lang naman eh.... i update mo lang yung payments mo, pwede ka na mag claim.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast