New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    My car was repaired during holy week and up to now part of the claim has not been settled. Can you guys provide me a name at the Insurance Commission where I can direct my complaint.

Background:

My Hyundai Tucson was vandalized sometime late last year, reported it to the insurance through my dealer (Hyundai Global who also handled the insurance) on December and scheduled the repairs after February due to some personal activities that can not be avoided.

I chose Standard Insurance through the Hyundai Global due to its superior offer: if the repairs go over P10,000, there will be zero participation PLUS they will provide a loaner car while your car is being repaired.

When the time came to have my car repaired, I asked for the loaner car. And the dealer couldn't provide me with one. I found out later that subsequent offerings of the insurance did not include the loaner car provision but a new provision was added - P500.00 a day for loss of use.
    They probably realized the logistical requirement of providing a loaner car and discontinued the offer.

When they can not provide me with one, the Hyundai Global insurance manager (who has since left) offered me the loss of use clause of the newer policy instead of providing me a loaner car. For benefit of goodwill, I agreed. Total claim for my loss of use is 8 days or P4000.00.

So the car was repaired, I didn't pay anything due to the zero participation, I got my car and assumed they will process my loss of use claim.

After a month I decided to follow up and lo and behold they have so many questions. They said I am not qualified for loss of use as my policy was loaner car. I countered that they did not and never had any loaner car. That it was actually false advertising and (most likely) a violation of some Insurance commission code.

Up to now, they insist that they are processing my claim, and I just have to be patient. But everytime I go there, it seems that that was the only time they look at my papers. They're courteous and all but I feel that they are just giving me a run around and I am losing my patience (after 6 months!)

Can anybody provide me contact person at the Insurance Commission to direct my complaint.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try contacting the Insurance Commission Public Assistance Center

5238461 to 70
    pubassist_ic*yahoo.com

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vojdiaz View Post
    My car was repaired during holy week and up to now part of the claim has not been settled. Can you guys provide me a name at the Insurance Commission where I can direct my complaint.

Background:

My Hyundai Tucson was vandalized sometime late last year, reported it to the insurance through my dealer (Hyundai Global who also handled the insurance) on December and scheduled the repairs after February due to some personal activities that can not be avoided.

I chose Standard Insurance through the Hyundai Global due to its superior offer: if the repairs go over P10,000, there will be zero participation PLUS they will provide a loaner car while your car is being repaired.

When the time came to have my car repaired, I asked for the loaner car. And the dealer couldn't provide me with one. I found out later that subsequent offerings of the insurance did not include the loaner car provision but a new provision was added - P500.00 a day for loss of use.
    They probably realized the logistical requirement of providing a loaner car and discontinued the offer.

When they can not provide me with one, the Hyundai Global insurance manager (who has since left) offered me the loss of use clause of the newer policy instead of providing me a loaner car. For benefit of goodwill, I agreed. Total claim for my loss of use is 8 days or P4000.00.

So the car was repaired, I didn't pay anything due to the zero participation, I got my car and assumed they will process my loss of use claim.

After a month I decided to follow up and lo and behold they have so many questions. They said I am not qualified for loss of use as my policy was loaner car. I countered that they did not and never had any loaner car. That it was actually false advertising and (most likely) a violation of some Insurance commission code.

Up to now, they insist that they are processing my claim, and I just have to be patient. But everytime I go there, it seems that that was the only time they look at my papers. They're courteous and all but I feel that they are just giving me a run around and I am losing my patience (after 6 months!)

Can anybody provide me contact person at the Insurance Commission to direct my complaint.

Thanks
    Yeah right, i've experience that also, they will ask you to submit papers, this and that and all sort of bullsh_t just to forestall you from taking your claim with them. Sometimes you left wondering if comprehensive type insurance is necessary given the present situation. Car insurance must free you from worries and all sort hassles of car accident, right? Nope, its not in my case. Lalo lang dumadami ang puting buhok mo kase naghahabol ka at gusto mong makawala sa abala gawa ng aksidenteng di mo naman gusto. This comprehensive type of insurance really is a ripoff, and they want to profit from your misfortune. Kaya ka nga kumuha nun e para di ka na maabala at magawa kaagad ang dapat na gawin sa sasakyan mo. Majority of them ask you to submit requirements that aren't really necessary na para bang red tape is the name of the game and made you to wait forever for that letter of guaranty, or some of them just sit on your claim para bwisitin ka sa kaaantay at mapilitan kang ikaw na ang magpapagawa ng sasakyan mo na dapat e sila ang me responsibilidad. Sometimes complaining to proper agencies does some good para
    umaksiyon ang insurance agents mo kaya lang i've doubt kung magkakaroon ng positive action given our government anathema to public welfare. Thats the sad part of car insurance story, kaya dapat mag-ingat sa pagmamaneho ng sasakyan.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    In my opinion, pursuing you claim through the Insurance Commission is not worth it because of the hassles it would give you.

First, I doubt this avenue is effective considering that your claim is minimal. Second, your claim is for the loss of use and your coverage is for loaner car - in short, your claim is not covered.

If I were you, I'd just charge it to experience and change my insurance carrier.

By the way, what branch of Standard Insurance is this?

:yawn: [SIZE="1"]3676[/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Well, what do you know? Two days ago, they called to say that my check is ready for pick up. I picked it up this morning and deposited it right away.

Is it just me or do I smell a pattern here? After almost six months of follow up, when I just about lost my patience and started rattling their cages - starting with writing this thread last week - they finally gave in.

If you backread some of my posts, I had a warranty claim earlier which they denied at first. After posting it here and in other forums, they reversed their decision and honored my warranty claims.

Is it just a coincidence or do they have people reading forums esp. Tsikot.com to monitor complaints and such.

Anyway, finally was able to lay this to rest.

Until next time, I still have 1 pending claim from them.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I am happy for you, you got your insurance payment after six months.

My two homes were insured with Oriental Assurance Corp for 3 millions each on the house and 500,000 each for the contents.

They were destroyed by Ondoy on September 26, 2009.

The adjusters of Oriental, Pacific International Adjusters with office at Escolta Manila, calculated the payable amount for both homes to total only 610,000.

I consulted with other professionals knowledgeable with claims adjustments, they calculated the payable at 2.5+ millions.

More than a month ago I sent Oriental and Pacific a copy each of the calculations of my professionals, and so far they have done nothing.

Time for me to approach the public assistance office of the Insurance Commission.

Yrreg

7. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Sorry Up ko lang po,

Nasa Toyota Pasig na po ang oto ko, and insurance ko po eh MAA, 1 month and 2 weeks na oto ko sa casa hangang ngayon nagtuturuan parin sila ni toyota at maa kung sino mag bibigay sakin ng update, ang sabi sakin ng MAA naghihintay sila ng final repair cost ng oto ko, si toyota naman ang sabi eh, naipasa na sa MAA yung repair estimate, Wigo lang po oto ko, ang total repair estimate po nung oto ko eh around 300K,

any suggestions po kung ano sunod kong gagawin, kasi hindi kona po alam ang gagawin sa inis. or normal naman po ba sya na ganon ang incase i continue ang repair more or less may idea po ba kayo if gano katagal aabutin, salamat po

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by roncesvallesri View Post
    Sorry Up ko lang po,

Nasa Toyota Pasig na po ang oto ko, and insurance ko po eh MAA, 1 month and 2 weeks na oto ko sa casa hangang ngayon nagtuturuan parin sila ni toyota at maa kung sino mag bibigay sakin ng update, ang sabi sakin ng MAA naghihintay sila ng final repair cost ng oto ko, si toyota naman ang sabi eh, naipasa na sa MAA yung repair estimate, Wigo lang po oto ko, ang total repair estimate po nung oto ko eh around 300K,

any suggestions po kung ano sunod kong gagawin, kasi hindi kona po alam ang gagawin sa inis. or normal naman po ba sya na ganon ang incase i continue ang repair more or less may idea po ba kayo if gano katagal aabutin, salamat po

Nabanggit ito a few posts back sir:
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    try contacting the Insurance Commission Public Assistance Center

5238461 to 70
    pubassist_ic*yahoo.com
    I also found this after googling a little:
    How to File Your Complaint with the Insurance Commission via Mail or Email - Philippines Insurance

HELP on my insurance claim