New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I dont know if some may remember me about a previous post that I created regarding loosing the paperwork on my Car. Well long story short I finally found them after rummaging through my clutter boxes,hurray for me, however I have got an issue with the paperwork that I'm not sure what to do. So anyway I bought this car (Hyundai Getz) from the wife of an acquaintance of mine, his wife works for Zuellig Pharmacy. Now during that time I was still a newbie when it comes to purchasing or owning a vehicle and still am, looking through the documents I see the original OR, CR, Insurance Paperwork, Photocopy of ID's of the vendor and the bosses of her company, I also have two Deeds of sale, the first one is acknowledging the turnover of the vehicle from the company to the person who sold it to me and was signed and stamped, and the the other one however is a Blank Deed of Sale of the current vendor which I believe is meant for me, now this deed of sale has 6 blank copies which only contain the signature of the vendor, everything else (purchase amount, date, vendor details, etc.) was left blank? so my question are as follows

1. I may have limited knowledge on cars, but what I do know is that isn't it that when it comes to the deed of sale being notarized, everything needs to be filled out in front of an attorney and that the vendor and vendee need to share the fee to be paid to said atty? but this form is all blank, can I still fill them all out myself and just have it notarized by an atty without the vendor present? cos the vendor is basically out of the country and I have no way of contacting them

2. I paid P235,000.00 for the car, so since that I most likely will be paying the atty fee myself to have the deed of sale notarized, how much do you think it will be? just a rough estimate is fine, hoping its not too heavy.

3. I noticed that the other Deed of Sale (the one between the pharma company to the current vendor) the listed price was at P145,660.00, but why did the current vendor sell it to me at almost twice the price, if the answer would be because that Im an idiot for not looking at it then I would agree with all of you 100% hehe

Thanks for any answers you guys have given me

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a. no need for the DOS to be notarized. however, if you would want it to be legal, you can have it done too.
    b. i think its 1%.
    c. i think its because of company benefits... baka ahente yung nakabili ng car and he/she can own it at residual price. yung pagbenta sa iyo is market price.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

a. no need for the DOS to be notarized. however, if you would want it to be legal, you can have it done too.
    b. i think its 1%.
    c. i think its because of company benefits... baka ahente yung nakabili ng car and he/she can own it at residual price. yung pagbenta sa iyo is market price.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    b. i think its 1%.
    Thanks a heap talaga, that cleared a lot on my mind, 1 last question na lng in relation to your answer sa letter (a) you mentioned that I don't really need to have it notarized unless I would like to make it legal. I am planning to transfer the cars name under mine, so do I still need to have the DOS notarized? and aside from original OR, CR and DOS, any other additional docs that I might need to have this processed?

I also noticed there are these lawyers around our city's LTO office with small makeshift offices, some in the back of a supercarry van that do notarization, can these guys be trusted? are they cheaper?
    Last edited by Bossmonkee; June 9th, 2015 at 01:03 PM. Reason: none

Found the Papers! However...