New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I have a 2007 Civic 1.8V aT. It was flooded up to the seat of the car. It is still being repaired, but it is being shouldered by the insurance company.

If I plan to sell it next year when it is fully repaired, how much is fair price to ask for it either for trade or for selling? I plan to sell it around February in order to get a pick-up. I have no intention of hiding that it was flooded.

Since it has AOG, is the insurance company still liable for Ondoy-related issues even if I have sold the car? Up to when are they obligated to extend repair coverage for the flooding? Is it after three months of the flooding, until the insurance contract expires or until the car stops showing sign of trouble caused by the flood?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    siguro 50% of the market value of the car would be ok and reasonable.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead2 View Post
    I have a 2007 Civic 1.8V aT. It was flooded up to the seat of the car. It is still being repaired, but it is being shouldered by the insurance company.

If I plan to sell it next year when it is fully repaired, how much is fair price to ask for it either for trade or for selling? I plan to sell it around February in order to get a pick-up. I have no intention of hiding that it was flooded.

Since it has AOG, is the insurance company still liable for Ondoy-related issues even if I have sold the car? Up to when are they obligated to extend repair coverage for the flooding? Is it after three months of the flooding, until the insurance contract expires or until the car stops showing sign of trouble caused by the flood?

Thanks.
    pagkaalam ko kasi per instance ang pag grant ng claim ng insurance. for example, since one instance yung ondoy tragedy, it will shoulder the repairs
    for that particular instance only once. kaya you have to make sure that your current claim covers all the problems. pero di ako sigurado, nag mamarunong lang.

anyway, i admire your honesty. i admire the fact that you have decided to do the right thing and not hide the flood damage from the would be buyers of your car. i'm sure God will reward you.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    any problems na lalabas within 3 months.. covered pa din nang insurance yan..

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    wala kasi nakasulat sa contract. civic ko kasi nasa 3 mos na nasa casa. looks like it will be there for some time.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Thanks.

My bro-in-law's car was also flooded and repaired although its scheduled to go back the shop for some "backjob" (change of the power steering motor and OEM stereo/CD and replace some missing clips). So far the insurance will cove for any other immediate problems that come out and is determined to be flood related... we have not signed any documents for its release from the shop repair. We've been using the car extensively the past few weeks to make sure any glitch comes out as well (even did a solo run on NLEX to Angeles City last weekend where i really floored it when the road was clear at a certain portion). I also have been personally checking and cleaning electrical contacts and sensors with electric contact cleaner just to be sure the terminals are clean.

Initially we were thinking of selling later on (after a half year or so) to see what other problems come out and it can be addressed before the car is sold and we also would declare the car as flooded to the buyer (kudos to you for also intending to declare the history of your car to its buyer). Was thinking of selling it at around 100K to 150K less than market value given its been repaired and we have been using it with no problems but we decided not sell it anymore and just keep it as an extra car later on once we get a replacement.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    My bro-in-law's car was also flooded and repaired although its scheduled to go back the shop for some "backjob" (change of the power steering motor and OEM stereo/CD and replace some missing clips). So far the insurance will cove for any other immediate problems that come out and is determined to be flood related... we have not signed any documents for its release from the shop repair. We've been using the car extensively the past few weeks to make sure any glitch comes out as well (even did a solo run on NLEX to Angeles City last weekend where i really floored it when the road was clear at a certain portion). I also have been personally checking and cleaning electrical contacts and sensors with electric contact cleaner just to be sure the terminals are clean.

Initially we were thinking of selling later on (after a half year or so) to see what other problems come out and it can be addressed before the car is sold and we also would declare the car as flooded to the buyer (kudos to you for also intending to declare the history of your car to its buyer). Was thinking of selling it at around 100K to 150K less than market value given its been repaired and we have been using it with no problems but we decided not sell it anymore and just keep it as an extra car later on once we get a replacement.

How deep was the flooding?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    me too, i just got back my 2006 vios. amazingly napagana pa nila lahat ng gauge sa dashboard. pati odometer reading nya andun pa rin. even the door lock and alarm gumana ulit. but they just repaired the computer box kaya duda ako na magtatagal itong sasakyan kong ito. but i really love this car. matipid sa gas at maliksi umandar yung 2002 revo vx i was able to sell it na for P260k. parehong lumubog sa baha, two days silang totally submerged in the baha.

wala pa akong nabasa na success story of flooded cars getting fully restored at hindi na nagka problema. may phobia na rin ako mag drive ng binaha na sasakyan kasi nga weeks after i got my revo itinirik na lang ako nito sa daan. wala na nga kayang pag asa ang mga binahang sasakyan?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How deep was the flooding?
    Went over the roof of the car. The headliner was surprisingly spared though as an air pocket probably kept the water from soaking it completely. The car also did not float around unlike their neighbor's Vios which ended up partly on top of a wall and the flood water in their area was also thankfully not muddy as compared to areas like that in Marikina. The battery was also removed and had the water not risen up fast, the ECU could have been dismounted but they did not have time.

First thing the next day, the seats and carpet was removed and the car was hosed down inside and out and all the possible/reachable electrical contacts/sensors were sprayed with electric contact cleaner. When it was brought to the shop a few days after, it did not look like a flooded car with exception of the smell and moist lights.

During the repair, the car was completly disassembled and some parts i noticed to form rust (needed to be sanded down, painted and/or sprayed with silicone lubricant and contact cleaner):
    - dashboard mount brackets
    - interior bolts
    - seat mounting points and weld points
    - electrical contacts of the bulbs, connectors, switches, fuse/relay boxes

The car was first brought to the CASA but they quoted a whopping bill well over P1.0M (ayaw lang gawin :P) so it was pulled out by the insurance and brought to an accredited shop near my in-law's place (na kakilala) and we had a lot of leeway to oversee the repairs done as well.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I just talk to one of my friend in buy and sell he just bought a Mazda 3 flooded for 200,000 and now the car is running with a minimal expenses and now ready for selling . Lots of buy and sell take this opportunity to earn more and they know how to fix it and bring it back new. So just reminder to those buyer whose price is to low just think twice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Flooded Car Pricing