New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    My plan is to buy a car. Automatically, the car will be registered in my name as the owner in LTO with comprehensive insurance. My wife and I are both working abroad (OFW). The question, if the car got an accident driven by other (GOD FORBID). This problem will be solve by insurance company without disturbing me? or required the presence of the owner to solve this problem (Aray! If happen I'm outside of the country pano na to?).

Tsikoteers,...Please help me naman! I need clarification. We are worried. Baka ma hold departure pa kami sa immigration dahil lamang sa police record.

Any inputs will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Not sure, but I think you have to specify who can drive your vehicle.

You may give another person power-of-attorney to represent you in dealing with the insurance co in case of a claim. The driver must also be responsible enough to take care of police reports, victims that need to be taken to the hospital, talking with the adjuster, and all the stuff that are necessary in an accident.

I don't think there will be a hold-departure-order, wag mo na lang paabutin sa korte pag naaksidente. Areglo na kaagad tapos quit claim.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the insurance co. will require the owner of the insured vehicle to sign a document after the claim is settled by the insurance. (release of claim and liability yata tawag dito?). i'm not sure lang kung pwede ang SPA dito, especially kung may 3rd party involved.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    sir read the authorized driver clause of the policy. i also think the SPA will do for insurance claims.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Compehensive Insurance should keep you out of trouble and give peace of mind in the event of an accident! Ensure to read and be familiar with all the important clauses imbedded within.
    Yung sa akin ay kahit sino basta't meron in date driver's license.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Thanks for immediate reply, But it's sound hassle in our part. I think better not to registered in our name. Find a proxy is the solution or another problem. Any comments for this?...Can you please provide me your suggestion....Thanks again in advance.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
    Thanks for immediate reply, But it's sound hassle in our part. I think better not to registered in our name. Find a proxy is the solution or another problem. Any comments for this?...Can you please provide me your suggestion....Thanks again in advance.
    Legally, if it's in his name, it's his. So are you sure you want to do this? I hope you trust this other person entirely.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    So long as the driver of your car has a valid drivers license, authorised to drive the car and not DUI driving under the influence. Your insurable interest
    will be covered and there will be no need for an SPA.

And for your peace of mind you can have your being outside the country
    endorsed on your policy. You can appoint a relative to be your representative
    in the event of a claim.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
    My plan is to buy a car. Automatically, the car will be registered in my name as the owner in LTO with comprehensive insurance. My wife and I are both working abroad (OFW). The question, if the car got an accident driven by other (GOD FORBID). This problem will be solve by insurance company without disturbing me? or required the presence of the owner to solve this problem (Aray! If happen I'm outside of the country pano na to?).

Tsikoteers,...Please help me naman! I need clarification. We are worried. Baka ma hold departure pa kami sa immigration dahil lamang sa police record.

Any inputs will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    The way we do it Sir, just to share lang po, we just need a letter from you stating your declared authorized driver since you're out of the country due to work. The letter should be supported by at least two(2) valid IDs of your declared driver and a power-of-attorney para no hassles in case of claims.

We would also request for the contact information of your authorized driver as well as request him/her to personally submit the said papers. Pero in case na di pwede po, we can arrange pick-up of the said documents thru our Motorized Representative.

It really won't be necessary to register your car to another person. All you need to do is to inform the insurance company either through telephone or via email about your concern in order to ensure there won't be any problem in filing a claim by your authorized driver.

http://www.directlink.com.ph

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hi D'LinkServicer,

in relation to your suggestion, how many authorized driver can be given? Is this applicable only if the owner is out of the country, or applicable to all insurance policy. Is there any restriction in selection of authorized driver?

thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Comprehensive Insurance Clarification