New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    1) How can you claim "Own Damage" insurance from insurance companies?
    2) Are damages when parked or damages due to miscalculation of turn, for example, covered?
    3) Is the first insurance claim from insurance companies generally free of participation fee?

Let's say a car is just less than two weeks old and got a dent that was the driver's own fault, how can one claim against the insurance company?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    1) How can you claim "Own Damage" insurance from insurance companies?
    2) Are damages when parked or damages due to miscalculation of turn, for example, covered?
    3) Is the first insurance claim from insurance companies generally free of participation fee?

Let's say a car is just less than two weeks old and got a dent that was the driver's own fault, how can one claim against the insurance company?
    "own damage".
    it's in the contract.
    no challenge.
    the participation fee clause is also in force.
    if it was damaged while parked, un-attended, just say so. it's also covered.

contact your insurance agent, and ask what documents are needed.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "own damage".
    it's in the contract.
    no challenge.
    the participation fee clause is also in force.
    if it was damaged while parked, un-attended, just say so. it's also covered.

contact your insurance agent, and ask what documents are needed.
    I see. It's just that I have a friend that has Pioneer insurance with her car and the first damage is free of the participation fee.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I see. It's just that I have a friend that has Pioneer insurance with her car and the first damage is free of the participation fee.

we can guess the possibilities 'til next week, you can ask your agent, or you can read carefully the contract.
    i don't think they will give it free the first time, if it weren't written somewhere.
    iba-iba po ang contrata, lalo na kung iba-iba ang premiums.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    An advise lang when claiming for this is watch the dates in the affidavit of accident. Our insurance company has disputed it dahil a couple of months have passed na after the incident. If nagiipon ka pa ng gasgas before magclaim, update mo nalang yung dates of the incidents para mas recent.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    we can guess the possibilities 'til next week, you can ask your agent, or you can read carefully the contract.
    i don't think they will give it free the first time, if it weren't written somewhere.
    iba-iba po ang contrata, lalo na kung iba-iba ang premiums.
    Right. I was just picking out your brains from experience. I know every contract is different which is why I asked if there's a "general" rule for all of them or at least specific to Oriental Assurance users.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserguian View Post
    An advise lang when claiming for this is watch the dates in the affidavit of accident. Our insurance company has disputed it dahil a couple of months have passed na after the incident. If nagiipon ka pa ng gasgas before magclaim, update mo nalang yung dates of the incidents para mas recent.
    So I should get an affidavit from a lawyer first regarding what happened?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    My God! At around 11:20PM last night, nabangga naman car ko sa likod! It's the same new car that got damafed twice in a day. Grabeng kamalasan na to. We were entering EDSA Cloverleaf Southbound from NLEX Southbound and he stepped on the brake too late. We were just at a mere speed of around 5 Kph. Parehas naman kami may insurance so this one is easier and I won't pay any participation fee.

Do I have the right to demand for the other party to pay the P400 fee (pic and notary) since he was the one at fault? I already paid for it yesterday.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    My God! At around 11:20PM last night, nabangga naman car ko sa likod! It's the same new car that got damafed twice in a day. Grabeng kamalasan na to. We were entering EDSA Cloverleaf Southbound from NLEX Southbound and he stepped on the brake too late. We were just at a mere speed of around 5 Kph. Parehas naman kami may insurance so this one is easier and I won't pay any participation fee.

Do I have the right to demand for the other party to pay the P400 fee (pic and notary) since he was the one at fault? I already paid for it yesterday.

Your new XV? Hope you and the passengers are ok. You can claim from the offending party the 400, if it is worth your time.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Your new XV? Hope you and the passengers are ok. You can claim from the offending party the 400, if it is worth your time.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Yes, my new XV bro. No one was hurt as both incidents are very minor but thanks. I will try and claim the 400 from him, he is very sorry for what happened anyway.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008

you have the right to demand anything, sir.
    getting it, is another question, however. sometimes, the hassle and all, outweigh the amount involved.

if one is frequently accidented...
    is it possible, there's something to the driver or the car, that makes it so...?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Claiming Own Damage Insurance from Oriental Assurance Corporation