New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    i had my focus parked as i withdrew money from an atm. as i just completed my transaction and turned around towards my car, i noticed the bank's security card pointing at a tricycle driver who was at the back of my car. i hurriedly went to my car to see what was going on... it was then i noticed that my focus was bumped by the tricycle. by this time, the tricycle was too far a distance and i wouldn't have caught up with it even if i tried.

questions:
    1) what are the proper procedures so that my insurance will pay for the damage incurred?
    2) i have another minor scratch (from another incident) on the same panel. can i just package all the repairs and let the insurance pay for it?

haven't claimed anything from insurance yet so i really don't know what to do.

thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    • Secure a police report. If you don’t have it, make a STATEMENT of what had happened to your vehicle. State the time and location. DO NOT attempt to SEPARATE the minor ‘SCRATCH’, instead include it in to your statement otherwise, it will eat up or charge you a double DEDUCTIBLE for this claim.
    • Secure your VEHICLE INSURANCE policy when presenting to the insurance company.
    • Photocopied (a) Driver’s License (b) Pictures of the Incident
    • Make sure you pay your insurance full; otherwise, they will ask you to pay the remaining premiums.

claiming insurance... how?