New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Mahirap yan.. lalo na kung hindi marunong mag manual.. pwd siguro kung asa province na walang talyer na marunong mag ayos ng automatic

2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by KenGarcia View Post
    Real men use three pedals daw. Oh c'mon! 😀
    Yang ang pang asar namin dati sa friends pag A/T ang car.

BTT - another scenario kung si family driver ang palaging may dala ng tsikot tapos bara-bara kung kumambio kapag di na kasama ang amo (palibhasa di sya ang car owner) then buy the A/T. What I'm trying to say is some drivers are not consistent smooth driving with M/T. It happened to my sister's driver accelerating nearly 60kph shifting from 3rd gear to 4th gear, messing up then slipping it into 2nd. another reasons when accelerating 20kph in high gear already and the most common is clutch driver etc...

OT - for driver like Jut who likes to feel the kick when accelerating his car then M/T is the one and only. vroom vroom

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by KenGarcia View Post
    Real men use three pedals daw. Oh c'mon! 😀
    Sabi gay na officemate ko. Sarap daw mag drive ng manual kasi may knkambyo/hinahawakan syang mahaba at matigas. Fail. :D

Pero lugi din yung mga MT dito sa ph since kadalasan napaka bare ng MT, and AT only yung mga totl.

And minsan nakakaawa din sa traffic mga MT, makikita mo pag mga 1hr+ na yung traffic yung ibang mt nag papahinga nalang and will move once malaki na yung gap sa next car, tapos pag siningitan naman bubusina. :P

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Parang sa motor, ang kasabihan ng ilan: Ang tunay na lalaki may clutch ang motor

Yung tito ng misis ko, ayaw sasakay ng kapatid na balikbayan pag siya driver. kahit a/t yung dmax, hilo after
    May sports mode na mga matic ngayon

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post

BTT - another scenario kung si family driver ang palaging may dala ng tsikot tapos bara-bara kung kumambio kapag di na kasama ang amo (palibhasa di sya ang car owner) then buy the A/T. What I'm trying to say is some drivers are not consistent smooth driving with M/T. It happened to my sister's driver accelerating nearly 60kph shifting from 3rd gear to 4th gear, messing up then slipping it into 2nd. another reasons when accelerating 20kph in high gear already and the most common is clutch driver etc...

OT - for driver like Jut who likes to feel the kick when accelerating his car then M/T is the one and only. vroom vroom
    Ako naman baliktad suggest ko sa relatives ko na walang ibang magmamaneho kundi driver. Suggest ko sakanila manual dahil why spend extra 50k-100k for the convinience of matic

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If it's automatic gas versus manual diesel, it's very easy... just show the calculations. Then sell them on the practicality of having a car you can push start when the battery dies, and in which you have finer control over acceleration and deceleration (engine braking).

-

But what you save in gas money has to balance out the inconvenience of occasional clutch changes (every two or three years) and, if it's a modern diesel, the dual mass flywheel, as well (about 15-30k just for the part, if I recall right).

And the not inconsiderable pain of driving a manual in Manila traffic. When you get older, you start getting cramps and joint pains from hovering over the clutch for hours. And clutches on some diesels are no joke! Very heavy, very stiff... because they have to be rated for the extra torque. The gearshifts are also horribly agricultural on most of them.

Automatics nowadays have even more gears than manuals, so they can match manuals in traffic and sometimes exceed them on the highway. On high-powered diesels, the manual transmission is no longer necessary. The only diesels I'd prefer a manual on are the low-powered ones like the Accent and the Crosswind*. Everything else... give me a two-pedal and paddles.

-

*Okay, so the Accent isn't really "low powered"... I just want it in stick because it's darn fun to drive...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    We'll his brother and daughter suggested diesel suv pero di pa din lol. Actually he already bought the CR-V 2016 model w/ cruise control and rear camera. 75yo na erpats ni misis kaya yun ang type nya kaya I kept silent nalang sabi nyo nga di ko naman pera hehe

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by johncoder View Post
    We'll his brother and daughter suggested diesel suv pero di pa din lol. Actually he already bought the CR-V 2016 model w/ cruise control and rear camera. 75yo na erpats ni misis kaya yun ang type nya kaya I kept silent nalang sabi nyo nga di ko naman pera hehe
    So why do you want your 75 year old father in law to drive a manual diesel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    So why do you want your 75 year old father in law to drive a manual diesel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    for him - matic is best coz of his age. pero for me, boring i-drive yung matic parang go cart, yung sports mode naman nakaka panibago pero sanayan din. isa pa sobrang tahimik di mo marinig yung revs, alangan nakatutok ka dun sa rpm guage lagi lol. at diesel para tipid pangmatagalan

OT: me ganito na ba na tech?

drivers-eye-view-interstate-25-south-new-mexico.jpg
    parang HUD

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post

Kung bago yun A/T, ok lng pero kung 2nd hand ay naku humanda kang tumirik sa daan na hindi puede itulak-tulak tulad ng M/T. Walang aandar kahit ano kapag wla ng battery power. Iiwan mo tlaga ang ssakyan mo. Yan lang ang problema alam ko sa A/T. Sa M/T tama nmn un sinasabi ng ilan na nkakapagod sa traffic.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast