New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    2 questions mga sir

1. If an insured (compre) 2nd hand private car gets stolen in the process of being sold, will insurance cover it?

2. If sold to a friend with months coverage remaining, can a claim still be made for accidents?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    1. Yes. Compre insurance has protection against theft. Read your insurance paper to be sure.

2. Yes. Be sure to inform the insurance company after you sell so they can update their record of new owner of car.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan023 View Post
    2 questions mga sir

1. If an insured (compre) 2nd hand private car gets stolen in the process of being sold, will insurance cover it?

2. If sold to a friend with months coverage remaining, can a claim still be made for accidents?

Thanks.

1. i think so. why should it not be? legal owner claims insurance and gets the money.

2. i don't know. maybe. if the car ownership and insurance are not yet transfered to the buyer friend, then the person who should claim the insurance is still the original owner. he can cite the friend who got into the accident as an "authorized driver". original owner can forward the money to the friend.

as an aside, buyer should take it upon himself to transfer ownerships etc., asap. insurance, too. i am told that original owner can terminate the insurance and pocket the refund. buyer should check. he might be driving around without insurance coverage.

my opinion only.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 13th, 2016 at 09:04 AM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    On number 1, may clause kasi sa limitation na "use for any purpose in connection with the motor trade".