New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    376
    #1
    Will be renewing my insurance soon, and due to Ondoy, I wouldn't want to miss out AoG coverage (which now the insurance doesn't include for free). Question is... in other threads there are a lot of issues concerning "offers" of the insurance companies in case of approved claims for total loss. Why should these things be "offers" instead of the total value coverage of the car according to current insurance policy (same as Own Damage / Theft)? Hindi ba dapat same value coverage yun? Total loss nga e.

    Please enlighten me on this.

  2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    376
    #2
    Seems that all insurance companies are now charging extra for AoG, because of Ondoy. Previously, maraming insurance companies na "free" na ang AoG coverage sa comprehensive.

    Meron pa bang libreng AoG ngayon sa major insurance companies? Natanong ko pa lang ay MAPFRE, Standard at Peoples. They all charge extra now.

  3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    29,320
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by gwapster View Post
    Seems that all insurance companies are now charging extra for AoG, because of Ondoy. Previously, maraming insurance companies na "free" na ang AoG coverage sa comprehensive.

    Meron pa bang libreng AoG ngayon sa major insurance companies? Natanong ko pa lang ay MAPFRE, Standard at Peoples. They all charge extra now.
    You might be able to negotiate for a lower insurance rate. I was able to negotiate for an insurance with AOG at the same price as another company without AOG coverage.

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,324
    #4
    Yes it is still available. Always will be INMHO.
    Last edited by mark_t; February 17th, 2010 at 04:50 PM.

  5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    26
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You might be able to negotiate for a lower insurance rate. I was able to negotiate for an insurance with AOG at the same price as another company without AOG coverage.

    Sir ghosthunter,

    Could you please give me your insurance name & contacts.
    Yun kasi pong car ko, tinanggihan ng DIRECT LINK - UCPB, nang nag-rerenew nako ng car insurance for Yr.2010.

    Dahil daw po taga VistaVerde Cainta ako, kaya hindi daw APPROVE sa Evaluator ng DirectLink. Sa madaling salita, hindi sila pumayag na magkaroon ako ng Acts-of-God sa insurance yun ang sabi daw ng Evaluator (AS = Melody / messager = Ronnie).

    Eh dito sa office, car ko lang ang di binaha kahit taga Rizal ako........samantalang yun HINDI taga Rizal, inabot ng baha sa kalsada.

    Sana naman yun mga Evaluator ng DirectLink nag-investigate muna sa lugar namin kung talagang binaha ang Phase3 triangle.........kasi lahat ng car namin di naman binaha pero naka Insured parin sa DirectLink.....baka nxt year mag-palit na kami Insurance.

  6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    14,181
    #6
    Yep the answer is simple! Change insurance companies!

  7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    462
    #7
    tinanggihan din ako AOG coverage sa direct link cause I am from Cainta, although yung area namin eh di naman binaha. Am looking at other insurance companies atm. Lahat ata ng galing cainta eh automatic na tatangihan nila whether binaha or hinde yun area mo.

  8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    462
    #8
    Sir ghosthunter, can you PM me the name of insurance company that you got, thanks.

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,324
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by gwapster View Post
    Will be renewing my insurance soon, and due to Ondoy, I wouldn't want to miss out AoG coverage (which now the insurance doesn't include for free). Question is... in other threads there are a lot of issues concerning "offers" of the insurance companies in case of approved claims for total loss. Why should these things be "offers" instead of the total value coverage of the car according to current insurance policy (same as Own Damage / Theft)? Hindi ba dapat same value coverage yun? Total loss nga e.

    Please enlighten me on this.
    Cost averaging to produce profits.

    What you offer to some, you dont offer to others.

    Some policies will cover for "Total Loss Only" like in case of cargo trucks.

    The philippines is lagging behind in Insurance in terms of coverages compared to lets
    say India, where you can get a 1million Personnal Accident policy for 1,600php,
    motorcycle riding and temporary dissability is included/standard. In the philippines
    motorcycle riding is subject to additional premiums.

    Back to AOG, you can have it at 2.15% rate for 10 years old and below
    and 2.50% rate for 11 to 20 year old vehicles under a private car policy.
    If your underwriter would not give it to you at those rates then I dont
    know what to say. The motor insurance business is a giant they can
    even offer it for less if you have the volume.

    For 2010 I can offer you AOG cover at 2.14% rate private car policy
    if that is fair enough for you?
    Last edited by mark_t; February 19th, 2010 at 11:02 AM.

  10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    376
    #10
    Thanks to all who replied.

    In the spirit of keeping the good relations with the in-house agent, I just decided to get the renewal from her. Medyo napamahal ako pero I hold her promise na in case I need to file a claim, wala akong po-problemahin dahil yung casa mismo mag-aasikaso nung requirements basta dalhin ko lang sa casa ang kotse.

    Ewan ko ba, kasi sa tuwing tinitipid ko ang isang bagay, lalong inaabot ng malas. So hindi na ako nagtipid sa insurance para walang malas, LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Car Insurance with AOG questions [merged]