New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by azethine View Post
    I have a question and any opinion is appreciated!

Just bought our brand new car and we noticed a dent sa paint and a deep scratch sa windshield top to bottom. When we pointed it out to the casa, they promised to fix it free of charge and told us to wait while they ordered for a replacement windshield.

1 month later they are asking us to use our insurance (financed by the bank so we're currently paying fixed amount for insurance per month for full coverage) and sagot daw ni casa participation fee etc.

My question is will this have any repercussions for my future claims sa insurance? I'm afraid na after my insurance spends a lot of money for the windshield, baka naman mas mahirapan ako sa next claims ko? Okay lang ba ung ganun? New driver here so I'm worried.

Thanks, will be waiting for any advice before I give them a reply.
    Wete you able to get your findings when you picked up the car in writing?

Honestly, would email head office about it lalo na kung meron ka na black and white.

I will not also agree with making it an insurance claim. That is fraud and dapat hindi sila bayaran for damaging the vehicle. Salo na nila dapat yan sa costs nila.

Umiiwas lang mga yan.
    I would not bring it back there for future servicing kung may alternative ka na casa.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    The fact that they offered to shoulder the participation is already a red flag. Someone inside is trying to make money at your expense. Hope you can name this casa or the brand at least, or general location, so it will be avoided by tsikoteers

3. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by azethine View Post
    I have a question and any opinion is appreciated!

Just bought our brand new car and we noticed a dent sa paint and a deep scratch sa windshield top to bottom. When we pointed it out to the casa, they promised to fix it free of charge and told us to wait while they ordered for a replacement windshield.

1 month later they are asking us to use our insurance (financed by the bank so we're currently paying fixed amount for insurance per month for full coverage) and sagot daw ni casa participation fee etc.

My question is will this have any repercussions for my future claims sa insurance? I'm afraid na after my insurance spends a lot of money for the windshield, baka naman mas mahirapan ako sa next claims ko? Okay lang ba ung ganun? New driver here so I'm worried.

Thanks, will be waiting for any advice before I give them a reply.
    I guess some poor employee(s) of the CASA is at fault and all that expense will be on his/their account. So they come up with this bright idea to use your insurance, since paying participation fee will probably be cheaper. If I were in your shoes, I won't agree to that deal. Let them sweat.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlee View Post
    I guess some poor employee(s) of the CASA is at fault and all that expense will be on his/their account. So they come up with this bright idea to use your insurance, since paying participation fee will probably be cheaper. If I were in your shoes, I won't agree to that deal. Let them sweat.
    Anyone interested to get CTPL insurance, P560 only from Mapfre Insular. Compre insurance is also available for added protection for your vehicle and I can provide you a quick quote. For new CTPL and/or compre policies issued, I will give a FREE diagnostic scan of the insured vehicle, using the Autel Maxisys MS906 OBDI/OBDII diagnostic scanner. (Location: Ortigas, Pasig)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms906.jpg   ms906-2.jpg  

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed.Autel View Post
    Anyone interested to get CTPL insurance, P560 only from Mapfre Insular. Compre insurance is also available for added protection for your vehicle and I can provide you a quick quote. For new CTPL and/or compre policies issued, I will give a FREE diagnostic scan of the insured vehicle, using the Autel Maxisys MS906 OBDI/OBDII diagnostic scanner. (Location: Ortigas, Pasig)
    Is it true that Mapfre doesn't require affidavits for insurance claims? One of my coworkers said that the last time he made a claim, he just sent pictures of damaged parts.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Is it true that Mapfre doesn't require affidavits for insurance claims? One of my coworkers said that the last time he made a claim, he just sent pictures of damaged parts.
    that would depend on how friendly we are, with the insurance folks.
    self-accident involving no one else, or events occuring in one's property and not on public roads... pictures and narration of the driver na lang po, ok na.
    once, my son backed up into my car, in our driveway. pictures and notarized narration of events lang, ok na. but this was casa insurance.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Yes, you're correct. Was a victim of a car accident 3 months ago and I only presented the following:

- Mapfre incident report form (similar to what you used to accomplish in filing a police report), signed by the other party and attending police officer
    - scanned copies of my DL/OR/CR + DL of driver and his vehicle's OR/CR/insurance
    - snapshot pics of my car and the other vehicle who was at fault (showing both license plate #s)
    - pics of damaged portions on my car (to support damage stated in incident report)

Called their 24/7 claim service hotline for a reference number and uploaded the above, and that's it. Damaged parts were replaced by Honda, but still need to sked with Ziebart for the nano ceramic, since I declared it in my policy.

It's a "hassle" obtaining a police report, if you know what I mean.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    AFAIK, all OD insurance do not require police report and the supplied incident report form also doubles as the affidavit

9. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    guys when i bought my car last year July. naka bpi car insurance kasi sa bpi din naka car loan. then free 1 year insurance. din need to renew na. what are the things needed for renewing. or do i need to apply to other car insurance company. how much pala ang babayaran. thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wenz_vios 1.3 x View Post
    guys when i bought my car last year July. naka bpi car insurance kasi sa bpi din naka car loan. then free 1 year insurance. din need to renew na. what are the things needed for renewing. or do i need to apply to other car insurance company. how much pala ang babayaran. thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i do not have that problem, but
    i suppose you have to ask your mortgage holder, if getting the comprehensive insurance from elsewhere, as per mortgage contract, is allowed.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast