New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Hi all. I have a question regarding mileage of the new car. Last saturday i went to a showroom and test drive a SUV. the suv was good and i want to purchase the unit asap. i went to the showroom again earlier and talk to the sales rep. She said that they have a new unit arrived 5am in the morning but when i checked the odometer, it has 6 kms. I would like to ask if is it okay if i buy the car with 6kms mileage? or it should be 0km mileage. my dad said that new units must have 0km reading on the odometer. Please help.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I got my Accent in 2011 with 6kms. Even knowing that it is the exact test drive unit I used and demonstrated to us from Hyundai Otis to Damar Village in Araneta! hahaha the speedo was turned off.

My Vios was delivered with 71kms on the odo back when I got it 2 years ago.

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    honda fb delivered to me 7kms

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    normal lang yan sir. got our unit 80+ kms. maliit lang ang 6 kms.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Its very remote or rare to get a 0 km reading. Even locally produced Vios or Innova will get driven from the factory floor to the parking space outside the plant.

A CBU unit will usually have less around 5 or more kms reading. A Toyota CBU can have readings of 50+kms since they don't use car carriers and people from TMP will drive it from the Sta. Rosa to the dealer.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    swerte na yung 6km for a new car. yung iba, makikita mo na trasported pa sa mga casa without flatbed trailers

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    test drove a hyundai tucson last week, they had a way of turning off the odometer so that it would remain at zero.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by steer View Post
    test drove a hyundai tucson last week, they had a way of turning off the odometer so that it would remain at zero.
    how is that? did you see how they did it?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Got our car 3 months ago with 60+km odo. Galing pa daw kasi sa planta sa Cainta.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    how is that? did you see how they did it?
    Probably disconnected the VSS connector.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast