New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hello to everybody. What would be your forecast as to car pricing, car financing, or promos for early part of 2009...say January to March 2009?

Would car prices go up or down?

Would banks offer lower rates in view of the recent lowering of interest rates by the central bank?

Would dealers offer enticing freebies, discounts, etc?

My house companions...wife, daughter...are egging me to get now the Adventure gls that we are interested on. They are telling me that few Adventures will be manufactured at present due to the present crisis so prices would increase if I have to wait for next year. Are they right?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    could be that the manufacturers can give more discounts and freebies because they need to sell.

on the financing side, it could be that banks may be a bit stricter than now. i dunno.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by willvill View Post
    They are telling me that few Adventures will be manufactured at present due to the present crisis so prices would increase if I have to wait for next year. Are they right?
    ...probably correct on that... another reason is that manufacturing plants would have their christmas breaks too. we will never know if MMPC has overproduced the Adventure in november so they can slow down in december.

as for the banks with their lending rates? i think they might be stricter siguro... im very sure they will have their reasons to give.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There are some experts who predict that once car makers have let off excess inventory, the price for brand new cars might actually go up as manufacturers go for much smaller volumes and higher margins...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I think the crisis in the US will not be so much felt, meaning, the impact to us specifically may not be as bad as it seems.

The OFW earnings that currently stabilize our economy is so spread out and not concentrated in the US alone.

So back to your query:
    For bank financing --requirement for capacity to pay might be more stringent. But as to interest rates, I do not think there would be drastic changes.

As to the particular model you want ---the Mitsubishi Adventure GLS:
    I do not believe there would be more freebies than the usual ones they are currently giving because this vehicle is one of the best-selling in the Mitsubishi line-up. Baka Fuzion pa siguro.

Vehicle prices are increasing every year. Especially if facelifts are made. Why not get it now. No matter what the prices for gas, walang rollback sa prices ng cars. Dapat baligtad nga magyari, humihina sales pag mahal gasolina/diesel.

Hindi naman siguro magbabago specs ng Adventure in the near future. I do not think Mitsu Phil have a plan to install a turbo kit for it.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Thanks for all the replies guys. Seems the common sentiments point to little changes as to car pricing early next year.

Banks probably would be more strict with rates unchanging with the usual freebies.

So, I would probably make my move of going to the dealer within the first 3 months of 2009, rather than wait too long for some dramatic price reductions like what's happening in the US auto market.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I think that there will be no reprieve in the prices of vehicles next year....

7202:bruce_lee:

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    For me, cars that are in demand will go up. Cars experiencing a slow down in sales will decrease slightly or will get extra freebies but not beyond a certain point. IMHO.

Car pricing forecast for early 2009