New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by lyssah2007 View Post
    mga boss, ask ko lang sana kung pwede magdemand sa nakabangga sa akin na palitan na lang yung car ko instead na pagawa sa casa? bumaliktad ksi ko kaya napakalaki ng damage. may insurance naman yung nakabangga at may police report na din na nagpapatunay na sya ang nakabangga sa akin. marami salamat po sa sasagot..

xpander 2020 po car ko

Sent from my SM-A305F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Dont you have a comprehensive insurance? Normally if your car is brand new you get free 1 yr comprehensive insurance. Kindly check.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lyssah2007 View Post
    mga boss, ask ko lang sana kung pwede magdemand sa nakabangga sa akin na palitan na lang yung car ko instead na pagawa sa casa? bumaliktad ksi ko kaya napakalaki ng damage. may insurance naman yung nakabangga at may police report na din na nagpapatunay na sya ang nakabangga sa akin. marami salamat po sa sasagot..

xpander 2020 po car ko

Sent from my SM-A305F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Hound your insurance. Sila bahala dyan makipagusap sa insurance ng kabila. Refrain from talking directly to the other party lest be accused of having a settlement amd be denied by your insurance

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    I have a question regarding car insurance. I have a claim before due to accident my rear door was hit and incurred damage including the rear side panel. It is almost done and I will pay the shop next week in order to get my car. I thought I was only going to pay the Php2,000 deductible but the shop told me I have to shell out extra Php5,000 because they also replaced the bumper retainer which they say is original and also the horizontal tail chrome which they say is not part of the whole rear door assembly which I also need to pay part of my share. The total cost is Php70,000 for the whole repair and replacement of the rear door and my share is Php2,000 deductible and another Php5,000 for the parts mentioned. My question is why do I need to pay Php5,000 for the share of the parts mentioned? Can I argue it with the insurance company?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    I have a question regarding car insurance. I have a claim before due to accident my rear door was hit and incurred damage including the rear side panel. It is almost done and I will pay the shop next week in order to get my car. I thought I was only going to pay the Php2,000 deductible but the shop told me I have to shell out extra Php5,000 because they also replaced the bumper retainer which they say is original and also the horizontal tail chrome which they say is not part of the whole rear door assembly which I also need to pay part of my share. The total cost is Php70,000 for the whole repair and replacement of the rear door and my share is Php2,000 deductible and another Php5,000 for the parts mentioned. My question is why do I need to pay Php5,000 for the share of the parts mentioned? Can I argue it with the insurance company?

Old car ba? Meron talaga depreciation pag nagpalit ng parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Is the shop that's charging you extra? If it is, you have to refer it to your insurance company so they will cover it,

Edit: after reading shadow reply and re reading your post, mukhang depreciation cost nga at accessories not covered, I assume, more than 5 yo na car mo

6. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Is the shop that's charging you extra? If it is, you have to refer it to your insurance company so they will cover it
    Yes it is the shop well the insurance company did shoulder everything except for the rear bumper retainer and tail chrome the shop told me they cannot find surplus so they bought it original so if original I need to pay part of the depreciated cost. I haven't talk to my insurance company but seems like the shop and insurance company already talk about it. They replaced the whole rear door and didn't charge me anything depreciated cost because it is surplus? This is the first time that I had a somewhat major accident.... before was just minor and I just pay the deductible and thats it.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    you pay the depreciation cost to the insurance company, not to the shop.
    bahala na yung insurer at shop mag-hati.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Is the shop that's charging you extra? If it is, you have to refer it to your insurance company so they will cover it,

Edit: after reading shadow reply and re reading your post, mukhang depreciation cost nga at accessories not covered, I assume, more than 5 yo na car mo
    Yep more than 5yrs what constitute as accessories?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    I think anything that did not come standard with the vehicle is termed accessories, you need to declare these to be covered, also the radio or it's equivalent now is also considered accessories.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    I think anything that did not come standard with the vehicle is termed accessories, you need to declare these to be covered, also the radio or it's equivalent now is also considered accessories.
    The encircled portion tail chrome they charge me a percentage of if because they say it is not part of the rear door assembly and they have to bought it brand new but the whole rear door they replaced it with no added depreciation charge.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast