New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    The dealer keeps changing the price.

at first, they texted me the promo downpayment was 45k.
    Then it became 80k after a few clarifications, so i paid the 5k reservation. price seems reasonable.
    I came back with all the documentations, i signed all the papers. Total downpayment price became 90k.
    Few days later, Car was now shipping out from manila should arrive by tomorrow.
    I asked them to email me the final quotation with undercoating it became 92k.
    So I went to the bank and got the 92k Managers check.
    Everything approved, all requirements/documentations met.
    They called again because it's a quotation for a wrong car - the correct amount should be 112k.

WTF!!!

i want to back out from this deal now. can get my reservation back?
    is there a proper way to get out of this deal?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Just tell them. Giving you the wrong quotation is enough reason for you to back out. My friend was able to cancel a reservation she made with Honda Magallanes I think.

Or you can try anf your SA to just give you the 92k price for you to push through with the transaction

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tell them 92k or no deal. ganun lang kadali yan. they made the mistake not you so you can actually play with them, they are at your mercy. pag ayaw nila then tell them you want your 5k back.

make sure you have a copy of the quote for 92k.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung aka yan 2nd time nagbago pagbigyan ko pa. Third time I'll cancel the purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    are you getting irritated because they keep changing the down payment amount?
    are you getting cold feet because you suspect some hanky panky going on?
    then demand your money back. show them their original quoted figures that they gave you... and tell them.."either this, or i'm out!"

but if i were me, i'd take deep breaths first, and... compute the figures.. it might just be true... their accountant went on vacation, and the wimp that covered for him made a mistake. or something like that.
    the downpayments and the monthlies and the other hidden charges... how do the final amounts compare?

i wouldn't quibble with the down payment too much, because that's the easiest part of the deal. it's the monthlies that will grate on your nerves.
    the bigger the down payment, the smaller the rest of the debt that has to be paid.

and if i may be so bold... if the increasing down payment quotes send a financial quiver up your spine... you might not be financially ready to buy a car, sir.

errr... may we know, what car are we talking about?
    Last edited by dr. d; March 19th, 2016 at 02:48 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Higher DP always results to lower monthly amortization. So what is your pleasure?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Low DP is a for me is a snakepit but that's me.

Pero for some its a good deal and worth gettin.

If properly accounted naman kaya may increase baka may typo error mga prior quotes pinadala sayo then it's okay, (funny thing is strike 2 sila sa mali)

usually naka template na yan. Since excited sa benta mga SA minsan hindi na fully reviewed.

Sure ka ba sa undercoating? Added gastos lang yan.

What car?

Which dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Classic bait and switch maneuver yan ng car salesmen. Only, presyo ang pinalitan hindi modelo. Kung ako sayo back out na ko.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Low DP is a for me is a snakepit but that's me.

Pero for some its a good deal and worth gettin.

If properly accounted naman kaya may increase baka may typo error mga prior quotes pinadala sayo then it's okay, (funny thing is strike 2 sila sa mali)

usually naka template na yan. Since excited sa benta mga SA minsan hindi na fully reviewed.

Sure ka ba sa undercoating? Added gastos lang yan.

What car?

Which dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Akala kasi siguro nila nakamura sila kasi 50K down lang may kotse na. May mga tao na kahit na pakitaan mo ng figures ng matitipid nila in the long run eh hindi padin convinced na mag down ng mas mataas. Sabagay pera naman nila yun.

Sent from my E5333 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Nagkamali?.. complain sa upper managment ng dealer yan. Who wants to pay for his mistake? Wasting your precious time... ask for another SA. There are succesful SA's and then there are SAs that should be looking for other jobs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast