New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Check with toyota casa for cost estimate of repair.

If "near" na sa declared market value, I'll haggle with insurance at baka pede bigyan ka na lang cash and declare it as totalled.

It's just me, I don't like repaired cars na kasi especially if bago pa.

Good luck!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Janemar View Post
    Check with toyota casa for cost estimate of repair.

If "near" na sa declared market value, I'll haggle with insurance at baka pede bigyan ka na lang cash and declare it as totalled.

It's just me, I don't like repaired cars na kasi especially if bago pa.

Good luck!
    Oo nga tapos bili ka bago.. Tapos ang pagbayarin mo yung driver ng sasakyan mo nung naaksidente..

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ChoyJo View Post
    Oo nga tapos bili ka bago.. Tapos ang pagbayarin mo yung driver ng sasakyan mo nung naaksidente..
    Parang ginusto nung driver mabangga

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Thank you all! The impression I'm getting is that, with the affidavit indicating an authorized driver, and with reporting in a timely manner, I'll be able to file this claim via UCPB. Since the incident happened in Naga, and the vehicle and driver are already in Manila, will the absence of a police report affect things? How does one address that if so?

And another note. The driver is US-licensed, and is a US Citizen. She does not have a Philippine license. Will that alter things?

I really appreciate your help! I was thinking this was an impossible situation.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    It's either an affidavit or a police report ... driver having a US license would complicate things a little ...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    It's either an affidavit or a police report ... driver having a US license would complicate things a little ...
    About to pinpoint also the affidavit, may experience ako before insurance insisted for a police report (car was totaled)

Just included in the affidavit na it is 3am, no other party was involved kaya I decided na hindi na kumuha ng police report.

Another thing yung driver ni TS I think it will complicate things nga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by servantguy View Post
    Thank you all! The impression I'm getting is that, with the affidavit indicating an authorized driver, and with reporting in a timely manner, I'll be able to file this claim via UCPB. Since the incident happened in Naga, and the vehicle and driver are already in Manila, will the absence of a police report affect things? How does one address that if so?

And another note. The driver is US-licensed, and is a US Citizen. She does not have a Philippine license. Will that alter things?

I really appreciate your help! I was thinking this was an impossible situation.
    it shouldn't be a problem. a similar thing happened to our suv when it was sipeswiped by a truck on its way back to manila from matnog, sorosogon in bicolandia. at the time it was being driven by our family driver w/ no family member on board. to cut a long story short, manong wasn't able to file a police report because he was scared being alone in a strange isolated mountainous highway in the dead of night w/ no one in sight.

upon informing the insurance company what transpired, the insurers just told us to produce an affidavit, e-mail it to them together w/ the soft copy of the vehicle's or/cr, current lto registration receipt, and the driver's driver's license and that was pretty much it.

as for the american license, i'm not sure but if it's proven to be authentic naman , i don't think it will be too much of a hindrance.

and if you got the insurance from an insurance agent, let her/him do the work of coordinating everything. that's what i did hehe
    Last edited by baludoy; June 13th, 2018 at 11:14 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Call your insurance agent or your casa, take pictures of the damage, create an affidavit of accident have it notarized, request for an estimate from the casa, submit other documents such as licence, OR/CR then email it to your insurance or insurance agent. They will request to have it inspected by their authorized adjuster, wait for the LOA. that's it.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Thank you all! I'm gathering all the info now, let's see what happens.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by servantguy View Post
    She has to have arrived in the country within 90 days of the accident. ** per searching

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast