New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    I have not tried wonder lube, but I have doubts about its ability to save fuel. For 1 thing, AFAIK, there have been no independent lab test that have confirmed its claims. 2. The US EPA have tested a lot of so called additives and have not found 1 to work. Some of the brands that I recall are, Duralube, Motor Up, Z Max etc.... Just google it. If you really want to try, its your money.

To save fuel, use API rated energy conserving oils. This will really save you gas. Brands that are easy to find in the Philippines are Caltex Havoline Energy and Royal Purple. I have seen a few others at True Value but dont remember the brand names. Typical viscosity for this type of oils are 5w30 and 10w30.
    Most engine oils for sale here are API rated. How would I know if the one I'm buying is energy conserving? Secondly, do they have published data on how much fuel is saved and is this confirmed by an independent lab test? By the way, is it not that higher viscosity oils, e.g. 10w40 or 20w50 are better suited for hot climates such as ours?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    The only 'wonder lube' I'll ever use is the one approved by Mr. Happy. :banana3: :naughty2:

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I heard that Wonder Lube really works! I heard that its really safe! I also heard that it's very economical!

Yup, and I heard that all from the guy who was selling Wonder Lube

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by webmiester View Post
    I heard that Wonder Lube really works! I heard that its really safe! I also heard that it's very economical!

Yup, and I heard that all from the guy who was selling Wonder Lube
    The same guy who now has a very good *** life?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    If what it claim is true, and the huge savings it can give, my goodness thats a lot of peso savings. However, I am not a fan of additive, a good motor oil is already loaded with advance additive technology nowadays. There is no need for additional additive, it does not serves the purpose anymore.
    I am using full synthetic 5W30 valvoline and I get to realize big savings on fuel, plus longer drain intervals w/c translates to less downtime and PMS (cost), and i get to used a high quality oil. I also tried using MAG1 5W30, I got it in Ace Hardware and also gave me the same excellent performance.
    So why would I use another chemicals put inside my engine when I get the desired results anyway...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

If I were you, I would not invest my money on an oil additive.... Generally, the benefits that they claim are not true.... Over a decade ago, I experimented on using a well-advertised oil additive,- it wreak (havoc) on the engine..

7101:hooray:

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hey there is an additive that stands true to its claims. Increases lubrication, better performance and prologed intervals. Bliss yata tatak ( fire ice and classic )

mods sorry for the OT ha. couldnt resist e

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    in 2008, i bought 40 bottles (250ml) of wonderlube. sold it to my friends with these instructions: for every 4 ltrs of engine oil. add 250ml. the first time i used it, i felt that 'dumulas' ang makina. in fact, i was so careful in driving along edsa because parang nawala ang engine break. wala naman akong napansin na adverse effect after 5 years when i sold our L300,

in terms of fuel savings, i cant attest to that. the wonderlube was invented for lubrication; kung may savings, it may be due to the placebo effect. what i can attest to is that our nuvitron increased the L300's fuel saving from 12k/l to 15-16km/ltr. (single technology). for our kia pride, the fuel savings increased from 13km to 16-20 k/ltr(dual technology). sorry, parang OT.

(I personally know the inventor's brother; and i can say that seeing is believing)

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by pyramid00 View Post
    in 2008, i bought 40 bottles (250ml) of wonderlube. sold it to my friends with these instructions: for every 4 ltrs of engine oil. add 250ml. the first time i used it, i felt that 'dumulas' ang makina. in fact, i was so careful in driving along edsa because parang nawala ang engine break. wala naman akong napansin na adverse effect after 5 years when i sold our L300,

in terms of fuel savings, i cant attest to that. the wonderlube was invented for lubrication; kung may savings, it may be due to the placebo effect. what i can attest to is that our nuvitron increased the L300's fuel saving from 12k/l to 15-16km/ltr. (single technology). for our kia pride, the fuel savings increased from 13km to 16-20 k/ltr(dual technology). sorry, parang OT.

(I personally know the inventor's brother; and i can say that seeing is believing)
    Ayos ah, pangalan pa lang patok na. :D

Itulog na lang natin yang minumuni mo nang madaling araw..

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    wonderlube.
    wonderful.

trick or treat......

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Wonder Lube - Pinoy Invention