New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    3. Always kept the engine in tip top shape. Never dreamed of doing a cat-delete in an attempt to squeeze a bit more power out of the engine. Finally, the UltraGauge would sound an alert if the CEL is triggered (emissions problem, usually).

Depending on how restrictive your stock catalytic converter would be, you can gain a few HPs by upgrading to an aftermarket low restriction CAT. But it will be expensive and HPs gained is generally not that big (unless you're going the path of turbo upgrades).

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    From the 3 selections, of course "Power" is the priority for me on a certain level. Power of a 4-6cylinder are enough, & 8cylinder is too much for my lifestyle.

Pag FC ang concern useless ang pag-desire ng power, bili ka na lang ng 1.0-1.3engine na car. Hindi kagaya ng 1.6-2.0li engine, pag kailangan mo ng power meron yan, kung tipid mode sa fuel kaya rin nyan!

Emission, meron naman yan at a minimal level lalo na yung mga modern car sa kasalukuyan. Kaya kahit na I-priority mo o hindi, uuwi ka pa rin sa Power o FC na priority.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I don't think anybody cares about emissions. As with uls said, "I'm not a tree-hugger". If I was, I won't be opening my aircon every night just to save a couple of watts for energy conservation's sake.

Between power and fuel consumption, I'd get both if our damned government stops taxing electric cars heavily. 100% torque at X RPM.. yum yum!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just like the guys said... I am also no tree hugger. But I do try to save a few watts here and there. I still have to pay my electric bill at the end of the month. A few saved watts somewhere can be used to run my aircon longer.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Question, does hybrid cars have these 3 factors?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dondonposadas View Post
    Question, does hybrid cars have these 3 factors?

Unless you drive a hybrid car, ... answering the question shouldn't matter.

And given that hybrid cars are expensive to buy and will not recoup their extra cost by fuel savings in any reasonable time frame, FC will not matter.

Also given hybrids tend to have smaller engines (than their regular counterpart) plus the extra weight from the batteries, electric motor, etc, performance is not a priority either.

So all that is left is "tree-hugger".

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Emissions? Haha, tell that to a tricycle or jeepney driver.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Emissions? Haha, tell that to a tricycle or jeepney driver.
    tama ka dyan sir! modern cars are designed to be less harmful to the environment while increasing it's power and/or fuel efficiency. mga makina ng jeep, bus at tricycle sobrang tatanda na, pangit ng maintenance dagdag mo pa poor fuel quality natin so talagang harmful sa kapaligiran. in other words, power and FC talaga ang unang iisipin ng buyer.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    imho, the only time emission will be important to an average user is once a year during registration period...

but then again, emission tests can be arranged for a minimal fee.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    its 50% power 50% FC for me, i drive 90kms from and to work everyday, i dont want a car that would burn holes on my wallet, also i dont want a car that will have to stay on the right most lane because of lack of power, or cant counterflow and overtake, or cant even go up to baguio because of lack of power.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast